Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CZ7 @ 3.50 dwn 1/2 CH8 @ 3.63 dwn 1/2 SX7 @ 9.84 dwn 6 SF8 @ 9.95 dwn 6 WZ7 @ 4.34 dwn 1 WH8 @ 4.53 dwn 1 CDN$ .798720 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CZ7 @ 3.52 up 3 CH8 @ 3.66 up 3 SX7 @ 10.00 up 8 SF8 @ 10.10 up 7 WZ7 @ 4.39 up 9 WH8 @ 4.58 up 8 CDN $ .80164 days ago
- Closing Quotes CZ7 @ 3.49 up 3 CH8 @ 3.62 up 3 SX7 @ 9.92 up 27 SF8 @ 10.02 up 26 WZ7 @ 4.30 dwn 2 WH8 @ 4.49 dwn 2 CDN$ .80185 days ago
- RT @RichardsonAg93: Been using lots of quality data to make management decisions with growers this week! #sst #precision https://t.co/Ugb5D…13 days ago
- RT @guilbeault12: Good day for an IP test plot @ThompsonsGrain @CoatsworthBrnch @thompsons @dundee56 #AgMoreThanEver #JohnDeere #harvest201…18 days ago
- RT @Bill_Ross11: Oats and Tillage radish planted Aug 31. Coming along nice. #ontag. @speareseeds @ThompsonsAg @PainCourtBranch https://t.co…22 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary from ATISeptember 26, 2017 - 3:46 pm
- Farm Show demo digs deep on value of soil healthSeptember 25, 2017 - 9:14 am
- Jobs survey finds growing demand for agriculture graduatesSeptember 20, 2017 - 10:46 am
- OMAFRA Field Crop Report – September 14, 2017September 14, 2017 - 5:03 pm
- Soil fertility benefits of wheat in rotationSeptember 5, 2017 - 11:49 am
- Researchers defining phosphorus movement in Ontario soilsAugust 30, 2017 - 11:14 am
- The season is not over yet for late season pests like bean leaf beetle, soybean aphids and othersAugust 21, 2017 - 9:38 am