Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CH8 @ 3.47 down 1 CK8 @ 3.56 down 1 SF8 @ 9.75 down 6 SH8 @ 9.87 down 6 WH8 @ 4.10 down 2 WK8 @ 4.24 down 3 CDN$ .7769yesterday
- RT @Cornbroker21: Flash: WASDE Report Results 12-12-2017 #Corn #Soybeans #Wheat https://t.co/PZC2eSdPdh2 days ago
- Post USDA Quotes CH8 @ 3.51 up 2 SF8 @ 9.79 down 3 WH8 @ 4.12 down 12 days ago
- RT @BlenheimBranch: @guilbeault12 @GrainFarmers @SpitsHockey UPDATE: It was a true honour to have @guilbeault12 sign our collectable grain…5 days ago
- A visit to Thompsons Limited might be the only stop farmers need to make | https://t.co/PPpQja4xHl https://t.co/D3Sq3T3FNa15 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: Field report: #organic corn yielding 125-130 dry bushels per acre in mid-western #ontag37 days ago
- A star amongst usDecember 8, 2017 - 3:39 pm
- Advance Trading – Grain Marketing Video CommentaryDecember 5, 2017 - 6:12 pm
- A long career with ThompsonsDecember 5, 2017 - 12:14 pm
- La Niña is coming: Here’s what it means for commodity marketsNovember 7, 2017 - 4:53 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for November 1, 2017November 2, 2017 - 4:30 pm
- Thompsons Organic Tour 2017 HighlightsNovember 1, 2017 - 8:52 am
- 2017 Grain Corn Ear Mould and Vomitoxin (DON) SurveyOctober 30, 2017 - 8:58 am