Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CU7 @ 3.52 dwn 2 CZ7 @ 3.66 dwn 2 SX7 @ 9.25 up 1 SF8 @ 9.33 up 1 WU7 @ 4.19 dwn 10 WZ7 @ 4.47 dwn 9 CDN$ .791913 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CU7 @ 3.55 dwn 7 CZ7 @ 3.68 dwn 7 SX7 @ 9.24 dwn 14 SF8 @ 9.32 dwn 14 WU7 @ 4.29 dwn 11 WZ7 @ 4.56 dwn 11 CDN$ .7842yesterday
- Closing Quotes CU7 @ 3.62 up 2 CZ7 @ 3.76 up 1 SX7 @ 9.38 dwn 6 SF8 @ 9.46 dwn 7 WU7 @ 4.41 up 1 WZ7 @ 4.67 up 3/4 CDN$ .0.78632 days ago
- RT @Bill_Ross11: Missed/Check of @NutriAg ManZinPhos Max Plus middle 3 rows. Big difference walking the field. Foliar doing its Job @Coatsw…5 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: Found some aphids on the soybeans at Newcare Farms. But check out those predatory lady beetles! #nomnomnom #IPM https:…6 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: Final day of the #organic farm bus tour, and everybody has jumped on the wagon! https://t.co/XrlbySAsLE6 days ago
- USDA Throws Corn a Curve BallAugust 14, 2017 - 10:17 am
- I.D. worms in silks and earsAugust 8, 2017 - 9:31 am
- Understanding in-field variability: soil samplingAugust 3, 2017 - 7:08 pm
- U.S. grains: Soy slides as crop ratings, weather boost supply prospectsAugust 2, 2017 - 8:54 am
- Principal field crop areas, June 2017June 29, 2017 - 1:38 pm
- 150 years of Canadian agricultureJune 27, 2017 - 3:39 pm
- Use safety practices to avoid ATV rolloversJune 27, 2017 - 9:36 am