Potassium (K) levels have been declining in Ontario fields. Many fields that have been sampled have noticed a drop in their soil sample potassium levels from a few years ago. Simply said, growers are not applying enough fertilizer. In some cases fertilization is less than what the crop will remove causing a decrease in soil […]
About Agronomy Team
The Advanced Agronomy Solutions Team is committed to the implementation of our agronomy services by partnering with our customers to create a high level of opportunity, profitability and trust.
Our innovative approach to data collection and management enables Thompsons to provide individualized and customized recommendations that create higher, long term profitability. Paired with our advanced service options and equipment, our recommendations will surpass the needs of the grower and will create higher value.
Through ongoing research and innovation, our combined experience, and the pursuit of higher agronomic knowledge, Thompsons will continue to be regarded as a trusted leader in the industry.
Entries by Agronomy Team
The evolution of soil sampling. pic.twitter.com/6hBU5rKs8j — Thompsons Agronomy (@ThompsonsAg) October 2, 2014
During years when soybeans are harvested later than expected or environmental conditions delay field work, winter wheat is generally skipped in the rotation or planting is rushed. When planting winter wheat later than the recommended planting dates, even more care should be taken to ensure yield potential is not lost. Planting date In general, delaying […]
Can I capture an early market premium? It’s that time of year again when growers look at their corn crop and go through the exercise of deciding when to harvest. They also wonder if they will be able to harvest a bit early to capture an early market premium for their corn. With the overall later planted crop and cool summer temperatures, […]
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CK8 @ 3.86 up 5 CN8 @ 3.95 up 5 SK8 @ 10.27 up 5 SN8 @ 10.39 up 5 WK8 @ 4.86 up 13 WN8 @ 4.99 up 14 CDN$ .779416 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CK8 @ 3.78 up 2 CN8 @ 3.87 up 2 SK8 @ 10.20 down 8 SN8 @ 10.32 down 8 WK8 @ 4.61 down 1… https://t.co/SoDVkF8dJm2 days ago
- Closing Quotes CK8 @ 3.76 down 5 CN8 @ 3.85 down 5 SK8 @ 10.28 down 8 SN8 @ 10.40 down 8 WK8 @ 4.63 down… https://t.co/W5CnGfe1vl5 days ago
- RT @ArmacreFarms: Just in time for spring. 2 new tenders are ready for action @KentBridgeBrnch @ThompsonsAg https://t.co/Pn6KLw9jjiyesterday
- RT @DressageAmanda1: @MitchellBranch @ThompsonsGrain @ThompsonOrganic @ThompsonsAg @FarmKid92 @SharonVogels #JerseyDay #humboldtstrong http…13 days ago
- RT @ThompsonsGrain: Thompsons Head Office wore their jerseys today in honor of #HumboldtStrong #JerseysforHumboldt https://t.co/2LJmLJgBO813 days ago
- Nitrogen stabilizersApril 24, 2018 - 4:30 pm
- Do you understand the different forms of micronutrients?April 18, 2018 - 1:14 pm
- Phosphorus – what is the tie-up?April 16, 2018 - 9:42 am
- Benefits of starter fertilizersApril 11, 2018 - 2:30 pm
- Nitrogen on winter wheatApril 11, 2018 - 2:10 pm
- Assessing winter survival in wheatApril 11, 2018 - 1:51 pm
- Grain marketing video commentary April 10, 2018April 11, 2018 - 1:38 pm