Falling commodity prices mean growers are concerned with their profit per acre. Input costs have remained high and have not adjusted to where farmers believe they should be. Until prices change, strategic adjustments will have to be made to stay profitable during lower commodity pricing years. Thompsons has identified 5 ways to help you reduce production costs without sacrificing yield.
About Agronomy Team
The Advanced Agronomy Solutions Team is committed to the implementation of our agronomy services by partnering with our customers to create a high level of opportunity, profitability and trust.
Our innovative approach to data collection and management enables Thompsons to provide individualized and customized recommendations that create higher, long term profitability. Paired with our advanced service options and equipment, our recommendations will surpass the needs of the grower and will create higher value.
Through ongoing research and innovation, our combined experience, and the pursuit of higher agronomic knowledge, Thompsons will continue to be regarded as a trusted leader in the industry.
Entries by Agronomy Team
Greg Stewart, OMAFRA Corn Specialist; Albert Tenuta, OMAFRA Field Crop Pathologist The OMAFRA Field Crops team has completed the survey of the 2014 Ontario corn crop to determine ear mould incidence and the occurrence of mycotoxins in the grain. These mycotoxins, particularly vomitoxin (DON) produced primarily by Gibberella/Fusarium ear moulds, are grading factors and can […]
Potassium (K) levels have been declining in Ontario fields. Many fields that have been sampled have noticed a drop in their soil sample potassium levels from a few years ago. Simply said, growers are not applying enough fertilizer. In some cases fertilization is less than what the crop will remove causing a decrease in soil […]
The evolution of soil sampling. pic.twitter.com/6hBU5rKs8j — Thompsons Agronomy (@ThompsonsAg) October 2, 2014
During years when soybeans are harvested later than expected or environmental conditions delay field work, winter wheat is generally skipped in the rotation or planting is rushed. When planting winter wheat later than the recommended planting dates, even more care should be taken to ensure yield potential is not lost. Planting date In general, delaying […]
Can I capture an early market premium? It’s that time of year again when growers look at their corn crop and go through the exercise of deciding when to harvest. They also wonder if they will be able to harvest a bit early to capture an early market premium for their corn. With the overall later planted crop and cool summer temperatures, […]
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- RT @StennettBryan: Must be getting closer to Christmas.@KentBridgeBrnch @Chathamnews #ontag @ThompsonsAg #HolidayTrain2018 https://t.co/JV0…9 days ago
- https://t.co/SVcUUfA3n110 days ago
- Closing Quote CZ8 @ 3.56 up 1/2 CH9 @ 3.68 up 1/2 SF9 @ 8.75 up 13 SH9 @ 8.89 up 13 WZ8 @ 4.98 down 9 W… https://t.co/2x4pzl404D12 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: If you're in #OntAg, that's us! https://t.co/h9nZjhqBBq6 days ago
- Winner of Thompsons #WelcometoBrevant Twitter contest https://t.co/u1PbzSAeVb16 days ago
- RT @ChrisRobson11: Come on out to @KentBridgeBrnch for a burger today courtesy of Thompsons and @BrevantSeedsCA See if you can beat @VanDeV…16 days ago
- Grain Marketing for December 5, 2018December 6, 2018 - 2:54 pm
- Turning girls into farmersDecember 6, 2018 - 2:45 pm
- Safety: Climbing ladders safelyNovember 30, 2018 - 3:28 pm
- Safety: Common electrical hazardsNovember 29, 2018 - 2:19 pm
- Grain Marketing News for November 28November 28, 2018 - 3:00 pm
- Safety: Slips, trips and falls – winter safety tipsNovember 26, 2018 - 5:41 pm
- Winner of Thompsons #WelcometoBrevant Twitter contestNovember 23, 2018 - 1:15 pm