This year’s Western Bean Cutworm (WBC) flight in northern Indiana counties has been quite impressive. Though it is not over, by looking at the moth captures the past couple weeks we are past peak flight. Most eggs have been laid by this point, and there were many. We are aware that many fields have been […]
About Head Office
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Head Office contributed a whooping 55 entries.
Entries by Head Office
Chicago / Reuters – U.S. soybean futures fell more than 3 percent on Tuesday after an unexpected improvement in the condition of U.S. crops eased concerns that recent hot weather would hurt yields. Corn and wheat futures followed soybeans lower. As of 12:11 p.m. CDT (1711 GMT), Chicago Board of Trade November soybean futures were down
Canadian producers reported seeding record areas of canola and soybeans in 2017, with the canola area exceeding wheat (all varieties combined) for the first time ever. Seeded acreage of corn for grain and oats also increased. Meanwhile, the areas seeded to all wheat, lentils and barley declined from 2016. Due to unseasonal early snow last fall, harvesting […]
The 2016 Census of Agriculture marks the 22nd census since Confederation in 1867. Just as Canada as a country has evolved over the past 150 years, so too has the agriculture sector. Agriculture has used innovation to push the bounds of production, transforming farming from the small scale to a highly mechanized and advanced industry. While there are fewer agricultural operations […]
All terrain vehicles (ATVs) can be not only useful on the farm, they can add an element of fun to work. Whether using ATVs recreationally or as the best way to get to remote back fields, the Canadian Agricultural Safety Association’s “Appealing to Adults” Canadian Ag Safety Week campaign urges farmers to protect themselves against […]
CNS Canada — Persistent concerns over the state of the U.S. spring wheat crop should place more attention than normal on Canada’s wheat area when Statistics Canada releases updated acreage estimates on Thursday.
Preparing grain bins for harvest should be done to maintain the quality of grain and to make sure the areas around bins are ready for the busy season ahead. It is also a good time to inspect any mechanical components and clean up around the bin. Simple maintenance and safety rules will make sure we […]
Heat stress can be a killer on the job site. Outside of the direct consequences such as heat stroke, heat stress can cause incidents due to loss of focus or excessive fatigue on the job. Heat-related illnesses Heat cramps Heat cramps are painful, brief muscle cramps. Muscles may spasm or spasm involuntarily. Heat cramps […]
When we think about getting the highest yields and the best quality out of our winter wheat crop we tend to think about management practices such as timely planting, variety selection, nutrient management (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and sulphur), as well as timely fungicide and herbicide applications. However, one management practice that can often be overlooked […]
Cereals Current weather conditions are ideal for fusarium head blight development in winter wheat. Many wheat fields in Southwestern Ontario have applied a T3 fungicide to reduce their risk particularly if they are growing a FHB susceptible variety. T3 fungicide applications further east will begin this week and continuing into next week for Eastern Ontario.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CU7 @ 3.52 dwn 2 CZ7 @ 3.66 dwn 2 SX7 @ 9.25 up 1 SF8 @ 9.33 up 1 WU7 @ 4.19 dwn 10 WZ7 @ 4.47 dwn 9 CDN$ .791913 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CU7 @ 3.55 dwn 7 CZ7 @ 3.68 dwn 7 SX7 @ 9.24 dwn 14 SF8 @ 9.32 dwn 14 WU7 @ 4.29 dwn 11 WZ7 @ 4.56 dwn 11 CDN$ .7842yesterday
- Closing Quotes CU7 @ 3.62 up 2 CZ7 @ 3.76 up 1 SX7 @ 9.38 dwn 6 SF8 @ 9.46 dwn 7 WU7 @ 4.41 up 1 WZ7 @ 4.67 up 3/4 CDN$ .0.78632 days ago
- RT @Bill_Ross11: Missed/Check of @NutriAg ManZinPhos Max Plus middle 3 rows. Big difference walking the field. Foliar doing its Job @Coatsw…5 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: Found some aphids on the soybeans at Newcare Farms. But check out those predatory lady beetles! #nomnomnom #IPM https:…6 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: Final day of the #organic farm bus tour, and everybody has jumped on the wagon! https://t.co/XrlbySAsLE6 days ago
- USDA Throws Corn a Curve BallAugust 14, 2017 - 10:17 am
- I.D. worms in silks and earsAugust 8, 2017 - 9:31 am
- Understanding in-field variability: soil samplingAugust 3, 2017 - 7:08 pm
- U.S. grains: Soy slides as crop ratings, weather boost supply prospectsAugust 2, 2017 - 8:54 am
- Principal field crop areas, June 2017June 29, 2017 - 1:38 pm
- 150 years of Canadian agricultureJune 27, 2017 - 3:39 pm
- Use safety practices to avoid ATV rolloversJune 27, 2017 - 9:36 am