But new competitors are trying to break into the market so Canada must stay vigilant
Canada has the best identity preserved program for non-GM (genetically modified) soybeans in the world.
That’s what Neoh Soon Bin, managing director of Soon Soon Group, a Malaysian flour and oilseed-processing company, told the Canadian Global Crops Symposium here March 27.
The quality of Canadian non-GM soybeans, used mainly in human food products such as soy milk and tofu, ranks among the best in the world, Soon Bin said.
“Canadian (soy)beans perform very well,” he said.
But it’s Canada’s certification system ensuring soybeans are non-GM that really stands out. Read more
By Karen Braun
CHICAGO (Reuters) – The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s stingy forecast for domestic corn plantings could be one of the first signposts toward an increasingly bullish corn environment over the next year or so.
Industry analysts had predicted that 2018 U.S. corn plantings would fall slightly from year-ago levels to 89.42 million acres, so USDA’s peg of 88.026 million last Thursday offered a surprising jolt to the Chicago futures market. Read more
Beijing/Washington | Reuters — China quickly hit back on Wednesday at Trump administration plans to slap tariffs on US$50 billion in Chinese goods, retaliating with a list of similar duties on key U.S. imports including soybeans, planes, cars, whiskey and chemicals.
The speed with which the trade struggle between Washington and Beijing is ratcheting up — the Chinese government took less than 11 hours to respond with its own measures — led to a sharp selloff in global stock markets and commodities.
Investors are wondering whether one of the worst trade disputes in many years could now turn into a full-scale trade war between the world’s two economic superpowers. Read more
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CU8 @ 3.41 down 4 CZ8 @ 3.54 down 4 SQ8 @ 8.18 down 15 SU8 @ 8.24 down 14 WU8 @ 4.97 up 12… https://t.co/3GlxlnCH673 days ago
- RT @SWOAG4Life: 1st western bean cutworm egg mass found in Rodney Ontario. Corn was planted early May. 5 days away from tassel emergence ht…4 days ago
- RT @Cornbroker21: Crop Progress and Condition Ratings as of 7-8-2018 https://t.co/asSmBEuGIe7 days ago
- It's Western Bean Cutworm trap season! Watch the counts in your area on our weekly maps. https://t.co/Jtyt0R0Gap https://t.co/PnWbnSM1KI3 days ago
- RT @SWOAG4Life: Looking for plot cooperators. Is anybody with 30' row soybeans willing to do some sidedress Nitrogen trials? @ThompsonsAg @…5 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for Tuesday, July 3, 2018. Comments on weather, corn and soybeans. https://t.co/UZGCI0FzhB13 days ago
- Grain Marketing video commentary for corn, soybeans and weatherJuly 13, 2018 - 8:45 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary Tuesday, July 3, 2018July 3, 2018 - 3:43 pm
- Watch for Armyworm in spring cereals and mixed foragesJune 29, 2018 - 4:24 pm
- Lifting and rigging safetyJune 28, 2018 - 4:59 pm
- Hensall Rain Garden at Thompsons LimitedJune 27, 2018 - 11:28 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – June 26, 2018June 27, 2018 - 8:11 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary June 20, 2018June 20, 2018 - 3:41 pm