Blenheim, Ontario, Canada – July 14, 2016
Thompsons Limited is pleased to announce that Rob Wallbridge has joined the company as Organic Specialist.
Rob grew up on conventional dairy and cash crop farms in Central and Eastern Ontario. He comes to Thompsons with more than 15 years of experience in organic crop certification, production and marketing.
Rob is a registered Certified Crop Advisor (CCA-ON) and is a board member with the Organic Council of Ontario. He is also a volunteer member of both the AAFC Organic Value Chain Roundtable and the Livestock Working Group of the Canadian General Standard Boards’ Organic Technical Committee.
This appointment will help solidify and build Thompsons profile as a major international player in the organics supply chain.
About Thompsons Limited
Established in 1924, Thompsons was purchased by The Andersons, Inc., and Lansing Trade Group, LLC in 2013. Thompsons is an integrated supplier of value-added agricultural products and services to growers in Ontario, Minnesota and North Dakota and to food processing customers worldwide. Thompsons owns and operates 12 elevators, 11 retail farm centers, 2 seed processing plants, 5 bean processing plants, a wheat processing plant, and 9 certified organic facilities. For more information, visit Thompsons Limited online at www.thompsonslimited.com.
Dawn Betancourt, President, Thompsons Limited
Phone: (519) 676-5411
In Ontario’s Northumberland County, young farmers make up the majority on many commodity and farm boards. Here’s how we do it
There’s nothing like an unexpected dinner invitation to get the attention of a person who is normally responsible for daily meal preparation. The invitation arrived by text, and it didn’t take long to figure out whether to accept. Accept first, I said. Ask questions later.
When I did ask the question, I was right to think there might be a reason. “Be ready to explain why our executive is so young,” was basically how the next text read in response. Read more
With harvest upon us, we want to remind all Thompsons customers that we have a zero tolerance for treated seed or contaminants in ANY load of beans, grains, corn and edible beans coming into our facilities.
Zero tolerance for TREATED SEED occurring in grains, soybeans, corn and edible beans.
Make sure all equipment is thoroughly cleaned and inspected before using it for grain.
Under the Canada Grain Act:
A licensed grain handling facility, such as a licensed primary elevator, cannot:
A producer (or a person acting on a producer’s behalf) cannot deliver grain to a licensed facility that is contaminated with treated seed or suspected to be contaminated.
“It is unlawful to deliver grain that has been treated or infected with any poisonous substance or compound to this Elevator. Persons so charged will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and held liable for any expense or loss incurred in the removal and disposition of grains so contaminated.”
Insight for a career in the agri-food industry
Thompsons Blenheim facility was host to four University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus students enrolled in the new Mentorship Program. They learned about future career opportunities in the agri-food industry starting with a tour of one of our 11 Ontario facilities. They also spent some time learning about our advanced agronomy solutions technology.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- CK8 @ 3.76 up 1 CN8 @ 3.84 up 1 SK8 @ 10.29 -- SN8 @ 10.40 up 1/4 WK8 @ 4.55 up 2 WN8 @ 4.72 up 2 CDN$ .775214 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CK8 @ 3.74 down 1/2 CN8 @ 3.82 down 3/4 SK8 @ 10.28 up 5 SN8 @ 10.39 up 5 WK8 @ 4.53 up 2… https://t.co/ViSGIu1pYu2 days ago
- Closing Quotes CK8 @ 3.90 down 3 CN8 @ 3.98 down 2 SK8 @ 10.39 down 24 SN8 @ 10.48 down 24 WK8 @ 4.89 down 10 W… https://t.co/2GDNvptOBa13 days ago
- Important, easy way to improve yield no matter the technology! https://t.co/m0XT60IG0f7 days ago
- RT @AgMoreThanEver: It’s Canadian Ag Safety Week. This year’s focus is on helping seniors stay safe while continuing to contribute to the s…10 days ago
- RT @RichardsonAg93: Double Cut Red Clover has arrived at the @BlenheimBranch Stop by to pick yours up or call us to talk about delivery! ht…10 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – March 20, 2018March 21, 2018 - 4:33 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – Tuesday, March 13, 2018March 14, 2018 - 11:15 am
- Grain Marketing Commentary for Tuesday, March 6, 2018March 7, 2018 - 9:23 am
- Grain Marketing Commentary – February 27, 2018February 27, 2018 - 3:12 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – February 23, 2018February 23, 2018 - 5:00 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – February 14, 2018February 14, 2018 - 5:20 pm
- Celebrating Canadian Agriculture DayFebruary 13, 2018 - 8:30 am