Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CN8 @ 3.95 down 4 CU8 @ 4.03 down 4 SN8 @ 9.95 down 4 SQ8 @ 9.98 down 4 WN8 @ 4.97 up 3 WU8 @ 5.13 up 3 CDN$ .78156 days ago
- RT @StennettBryan: @NutriAg_Ben @NutriAg our ManzinphosMaxPlus tank showed up. Good bye 10L jugs, hello 1000L totes @ThompsonsAg #ontag htt…6 days ago
- Closing Quotes CN8 @ 3.99 down 3 CU8 @ 4.07 down 3 SN8 @ 9.99 down 19 SQ8 @ 10.03 down 18 WN8 @ 4.94 up 3/4… https://t.co/M436hwNRG27 days ago
- RT @MitchellBranch: We wear safety on our sleeves @MitchellBranch @SharonVogels @FarmKid92 @DressageAmanda1 #SeedInventory #MeetingOfTheMin…6 days ago
- RT @ONIPMcornsoy: Good info on early season pests @thompsonsAg: https://t.co/MM8yYDstFF. Start scouting! https://t.co/zFMhdzf27M16 days ago
- RT @ArmacreFarms: Just in time for spring. 2 new tenders are ready for action @KentBridgeBrnch @ThompsonsAg https://t.co/Pn6KLw9jji29 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – May 15, 2018May 15, 2018 - 2:13 pm
- Critical weed-free periodMay 10, 2018 - 12:10 pm
- Day-to-day work around the farm doesn’t have to be painfulMay 2, 2018 - 9:32 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary May 1, 2018May 2, 2018 - 9:05 am
- Early season pestsApril 30, 2018 - 2:20 pm
- Nitrogen stabilizersApril 24, 2018 - 4:30 pm
- Do you understand the different forms of micronutrients?April 18, 2018 - 1:14 pm