Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CU8 @ 3.41 down 4 CZ8 @ 3.54 down 4 SQ8 @ 8.18 down 15 SU8 @ 8.24 down 14 WU8 @ 4.97 up 12… https://t.co/3GlxlnCH673 days ago
- RT @SWOAG4Life: 1st western bean cutworm egg mass found in Rodney Ontario. Corn was planted early May. 5 days away from tassel emergence ht…4 days ago
- RT @Cornbroker21: Crop Progress and Condition Ratings as of 7-8-2018 https://t.co/asSmBEuGIe7 days ago
- It's Western Bean Cutworm trap season! Watch the counts in your area on our weekly maps. https://t.co/Jtyt0R0Gap https://t.co/PnWbnSM1KI3 days ago
- RT @SWOAG4Life: Looking for plot cooperators. Is anybody with 30' row soybeans willing to do some sidedress Nitrogen trials? @ThompsonsAg @…5 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for Tuesday, July 3, 2018. Comments on weather, corn and soybeans. https://t.co/UZGCI0FzhB13 days ago
- Grain Marketing video commentary for corn, soybeans and weatherJuly 13, 2018 - 8:45 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary Tuesday, July 3, 2018July 3, 2018 - 3:43 pm
- Watch for Armyworm in spring cereals and mixed foragesJune 29, 2018 - 4:24 pm
- Lifting and rigging safetyJune 28, 2018 - 4:59 pm
- Hensall Rain Garden at Thompsons LimitedJune 27, 2018 - 11:28 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – June 26, 2018June 27, 2018 - 8:11 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary June 20, 2018June 20, 2018 - 3:41 pm