Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CZ8 @ 3.51 up 1 CH9 @ 3.63 up 1 SX8 @ 8.30 down 2 SF9 @ 8.44 down 2 WZ8 @ 5.11 up 14 WH9… https://t.co/sArRR2OPDg4 days ago
- RT @kannbwx: Here's what USDA's 845 million bushel U.S. #soybean carryout looks like compared with the previous 22 years. The highest forec…4 days ago
- Be sure to come see us at the #IPM2018 next week! https://t.co/C1wHBWaAzT4 days ago
- RT @pcjejohnston: Come check out Thompsons at the International Plowing Match in Paincourt. We are the corner of Chatham-Kent Avenue and Se…yesterday
- RT @MitchellBranch: Looking for #wheat seed for this fall? Check out the new @BrevantSeedsCA B654SRW and B743SRW winter wheat varieties! Pl…26 days ago
- High performing winter wheat varieties from Brevant - https://t.co/mcd75cgbLW Get them at your local @ThompsonsAg b… https://t.co/e7JwuzmeYW26 days ago
- Eye injury and preventionAugust 24, 2018 - 2:15 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for August 23, 2018August 24, 2018 - 8:08 am
- Mitchell Plot Tour – September 5th and 6thAugust 23, 2018 - 4:43 pm
- Grain Marketing weather update: August 16, 2018August 16, 2018 - 9:14 am
- Preparing silos and bins for harvestAugust 14, 2018 - 3:35 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for July 31, 2018August 1, 2018 - 10:27 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for July 24, 2018July 25, 2018 - 9:35 am