Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- CK8 @ 3.76 up 1 CN8 @ 3.84 up 1 SK8 @ 10.29 -- SN8 @ 10.40 up 1/4 WK8 @ 4.55 up 2 WN8 @ 4.72 up 2 CDN$ .775214 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CK8 @ 3.74 down 1/2 CN8 @ 3.82 down 3/4 SK8 @ 10.28 up 5 SN8 @ 10.39 up 5 WK8 @ 4.53 up 2… https://t.co/ViSGIu1pYu2 days ago
- Closing Quotes CK8 @ 3.90 down 3 CN8 @ 3.98 down 2 SK8 @ 10.39 down 24 SN8 @ 10.48 down 24 WK8 @ 4.89 down 10 W… https://t.co/2GDNvptOBa13 days ago
- Important, easy way to improve yield no matter the technology! https://t.co/m0XT60IG0f7 days ago
- RT @AgMoreThanEver: It’s Canadian Ag Safety Week. This year’s focus is on helping seniors stay safe while continuing to contribute to the s…10 days ago
- RT @RichardsonAg93: Double Cut Red Clover has arrived at the @BlenheimBranch Stop by to pick yours up or call us to talk about delivery! ht…10 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – March 20, 2018March 21, 2018 - 4:33 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – Tuesday, March 13, 2018March 14, 2018 - 11:15 am
- Grain Marketing Commentary for Tuesday, March 6, 2018March 7, 2018 - 9:23 am
- Grain Marketing Commentary – February 27, 2018February 27, 2018 - 3:12 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – February 23, 2018February 23, 2018 - 5:00 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – February 14, 2018February 14, 2018 - 5:20 pm
- Celebrating Canadian Agriculture DayFebruary 13, 2018 - 8:30 am