In Ontario’s Northumberland County, young farmers make up the majority on many commodity and farm boards. Here’s how we do it
There’s nothing like an unexpected dinner invitation to get the attention of a person who is normally responsible for daily meal preparation. The invitation arrived by text, and it didn’t take long to figure out whether to accept. Accept first, I said. Ask questions later.
When I did ask the question, I was right to think there might be a reason. “Be ready to explain why our executive is so young,” was basically how the next text read in response. Read more
Insight for a career in the agri-food industry
Thompsons Blenheim facility was host to four University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus students enrolled in the new Mentorship Program. They learned about future career opportunities in the agri-food industry starting with a tour of one of our 11 Ontario facilities. They also spent some time learning about our advanced agronomy solutions technology.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Remember to add a photo and your local participating Thompsons branch handle in orderly qualify @PortAlbertBrnch… https://t.co/LL0jOYTy346 days ago
- Closing Quotes CZ8 @ 3.78 up 4 CH9 @ 3.90 up 4 SX8 @ 8.91 up 24 SF9 @ 9.05 up 24 WZ8 @ 5.25 up 7 WH9 @ 5.43 up 6 CDN$ .77108 days ago
- RT @ThompsonsCareer: Now accepting applications for College and University Summer Student positions at various locations! Apply to your l…8 days ago
- RT @MitchellBranch: Spending some time in the office this week while its raining? Take a look through your soil tests and see which fields…22 days ago
- The importance of pH and lime - https://t.co/KvMEAgVnxy https://t.co/g5EMwigqgq25 days ago
- RT @pcjejohnston: Come check out Thompsons at the International Plowing Match in Paincourt. We are the corner of Chatham-Kent Avenue and Se…36 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for October 17, 2018October 17, 2018 - 12:44 pm
- Safe loading of pickup trucksOctober 15, 2018 - 2:29 pm
- Thanksgiving Safety TipsOctober 5, 2018 - 5:04 pm
- Corn Earworm presence higher than expected – Check your fieldsOctober 5, 2018 - 9:36 am
- Safety: Compressed Gas Cylinder StorageOctober 4, 2018 - 1:30 pm
- Grain Marketing video commentary – October 3October 3, 2018 - 4:22 pm
- OMAFRA Field Crop Report: 2018 Seasonal Insect Pest SummarySeptember 28, 2018 - 9:35 am