Assessing winter survival in wheat Factors affecting winter survival in wheat The ability of winter wheat plants to survive winter often depends on each plant’s ability to tolerate low temperatures. Winter wheat plants go through a process called ‘cold acclimation’ in the fall during which each plant acquires the ability to withstand the cold temperatures […]
But new competitors are trying to break into the market so Canada must stay vigilant
Canada has the best identity preserved program for non-GM (genetically modified) soybeans in the world.
That’s what Neoh Soon Bin, managing director of Soon Soon Group, a Malaysian flour and oilseed-processing company, told the Canadian Global Crops Symposium here March 27.
The quality of Canadian non-GM soybeans, used mainly in human food products such as soy milk and tofu, ranks among the best in the world, Soon Bin said.
“Canadian (soy)beans perform very well,” he said.
But it’s Canada’s certification system ensuring soybeans are non-GM that really stands out. Read more
By Karen Braun
CHICAGO (Reuters) – The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s stingy forecast for domestic corn plantings could be one of the first signposts toward an increasingly bullish corn environment over the next year or so.
Industry analysts had predicted that 2018 U.S. corn plantings would fall slightly from year-ago levels to 89.42 million acres, so USDA’s peg of 88.026 million last Thursday offered a surprising jolt to the Chicago futures market. Read more
Beijing/Washington | Reuters — China quickly hit back on Wednesday at Trump administration plans to slap tariffs on US$50 billion in Chinese goods, retaliating with a list of similar duties on key U.S. imports including soybeans, planes, cars, whiskey and chemicals.
The speed with which the trade struggle between Washington and Beijing is ratcheting up — the Chinese government took less than 11 hours to respond with its own measures — led to a sharp selloff in global stock markets and commodities.
Investors are wondering whether one of the worst trade disputes in many years could now turn into a full-scale trade war between the world’s two economic superpowers. Read more
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CN8 @ 3.95 down 4 CU8 @ 4.03 down 4 SN8 @ 9.95 down 4 SQ8 @ 9.98 down 4 WN8 @ 4.97 up 3 WU8 @ 5.13 up 3 CDN$ .78156 days ago
- RT @StennettBryan: @NutriAg_Ben @NutriAg our ManzinphosMaxPlus tank showed up. Good bye 10L jugs, hello 1000L totes @ThompsonsAg #ontag htt…6 days ago
- Closing Quotes CN8 @ 3.99 down 3 CU8 @ 4.07 down 3 SN8 @ 9.99 down 19 SQ8 @ 10.03 down 18 WN8 @ 4.94 up 3/4… https://t.co/M436hwNRG27 days ago
- RT @MitchellBranch: We wear safety on our sleeves @MitchellBranch @SharonVogels @FarmKid92 @DressageAmanda1 #SeedInventory #MeetingOfTheMin…6 days ago
- RT @ONIPMcornsoy: Good info on early season pests @thompsonsAg: https://t.co/MM8yYDstFF. Start scouting! https://t.co/zFMhdzf27M16 days ago
- RT @ArmacreFarms: Just in time for spring. 2 new tenders are ready for action @KentBridgeBrnch @ThompsonsAg https://t.co/Pn6KLw9jji29 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – May 15, 2018May 15, 2018 - 2:13 pm
- Critical weed-free periodMay 10, 2018 - 12:10 pm
- Day-to-day work around the farm doesn’t have to be painfulMay 2, 2018 - 9:32 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary May 1, 2018May 2, 2018 - 9:05 am
- Early season pestsApril 30, 2018 - 2:20 pm
- Nitrogen stabilizersApril 24, 2018 - 4:30 pm
- Do you understand the different forms of micronutrients?April 18, 2018 - 1:14 pm