Bean leaf beetles (BLB) are showing up in early planted soybeans that were treated with only fungicide seed treatment. As the result of area wide use of insecticide seed treatments, this pest had much of a presence over the last decade. Thankfully, rescue treatments are still possible if threshold has been reached. Read more
What is it? Fusarium Head Blight is a fungal disease that affects the head of small grain crops. Also referred to as Scab, it can affect wheat, barley, oats, rye, corn, and triticale. Wheat and barley are generally the most affected. It is mainly caused by the species Fusarium graminearum, and can cause loss of […]
CHICAGO, May 31 (Reuters) – With risks to U.S. soybean trade with China already in the air, trade threats from Mexico and Canada may be the last thing the U.S. agriculture industry wants to see. But that is precisely what happened on Thursday.
The United States fiercely angered its neighbors by proceeding with steel and aluminum tariffs against them despite earlier talks of possible exemptions. Unless the issue is resolved quickly, the impact on U.S. agriculture could worsen.
Canada and Mexico were the Nos. 1 and 3 importers of U.S. agricultural products by value in 2017, respectively. Both countries hit back with their own list of U.S. goods to target hours after the United States decided to impose tariffs on aluminum and steel imports from Canada, Mexico, and the European Union. Read more
Weed identification is halfway to control.
Identifying your weeds and understanding the life cycle of weeds is an important step to a proper and sound weed management strategy for your farm.
Each weed has a certain life cycle attached to it. It is important to know the life cycle of weeds to help you quickly identify which weed it could be in the field and to know how to control it. Read more
Did you know?
Faulty electrical systems cause approximately 40 per cent of farm building fires with a determined cause, making it one of the leading known causes of farm fires.
What can you do?
Regular inspections and maintenance are key to reducing the risk of a fire. We recommend that you work with a professional to inspect and monitor your farm buildings. Read more
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- RT @StennettBryan: Must be getting closer to Christmas.@KentBridgeBrnch @Chathamnews #ontag @ThompsonsAg #HolidayTrain2018 https://t.co/JV0…14 days ago
- https://t.co/SVcUUfA3n115 days ago
- Closing Quote CZ8 @ 3.56 up 1/2 CH9 @ 3.68 up 1/2 SF9 @ 8.75 up 13 SH9 @ 8.89 up 13 WZ8 @ 4.98 down 9 W… https://t.co/2x4pzl404D17 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: If you're in #OntAg, that's us! https://t.co/h9nZjhqBBq11 days ago
- Winner of Thompsons #WelcometoBrevant Twitter contest https://t.co/u1PbzSAeVb21 days ago
- RT @ChrisRobson11: Come on out to @KentBridgeBrnch for a burger today courtesy of Thompsons and @BrevantSeedsCA See if you can beat @VanDeV…21 days ago
- Safety: Hypothermia – Recognition & PreventionDecember 14, 2018 - 12:38 pm
- Grain Marketing for December 5, 2018December 6, 2018 - 2:54 pm
- Turning girls into farmersDecember 6, 2018 - 2:45 pm
- Safety: Climbing ladders safelyNovember 30, 2018 - 3:28 pm
- Safety: Common electrical hazardsNovember 29, 2018 - 2:19 pm
- Grain Marketing News for November 28November 28, 2018 - 3:00 pm
- Safety: Slips, trips and falls – winter safety tipsNovember 26, 2018 - 5:41 pm