Assessing winter survival in wheat Factors affecting winter survival in wheat The ability of winter wheat plants to survive winter often depends on each plant’s ability to tolerate low temperatures. Winter wheat plants go through a process called ‘cold acclimation’ in the fall during which each plant acquires the ability to withstand the cold temperatures […]
But new competitors are trying to break into the market so Canada must stay vigilant
Canada has the best identity preserved program for non-GM (genetically modified) soybeans in the world.
That’s what Neoh Soon Bin, managing director of Soon Soon Group, a Malaysian flour and oilseed-processing company, told the Canadian Global Crops Symposium here March 27.
The quality of Canadian non-GM soybeans, used mainly in human food products such as soy milk and tofu, ranks among the best in the world, Soon Bin said.
“Canadian (soy)beans perform very well,” he said.
But it’s Canada’s certification system ensuring soybeans are non-GM that really stands out. Read more
By Karen Braun
CHICAGO (Reuters) – The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s stingy forecast for domestic corn plantings could be one of the first signposts toward an increasingly bullish corn environment over the next year or so.
Industry analysts had predicted that 2018 U.S. corn plantings would fall slightly from year-ago levels to 89.42 million acres, so USDA’s peg of 88.026 million last Thursday offered a surprising jolt to the Chicago futures market. Read more
Beijing/Washington | Reuters — China quickly hit back on Wednesday at Trump administration plans to slap tariffs on US$50 billion in Chinese goods, retaliating with a list of similar duties on key U.S. imports including soybeans, planes, cars, whiskey and chemicals.
The speed with which the trade struggle between Washington and Beijing is ratcheting up — the Chinese government took less than 11 hours to respond with its own measures — led to a sharp selloff in global stock markets and commodities.
Investors are wondering whether one of the worst trade disputes in many years could now turn into a full-scale trade war between the world’s two economic superpowers. Read more
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- RT @StennettBryan: Must be getting closer to Christmas.@KentBridgeBrnch @Chathamnews #ontag @ThompsonsAg #HolidayTrain2018 https://t.co/JV0…9 days ago
- https://t.co/SVcUUfA3n110 days ago
- Closing Quote CZ8 @ 3.56 up 1/2 CH9 @ 3.68 up 1/2 SF9 @ 8.75 up 13 SH9 @ 8.89 up 13 WZ8 @ 4.98 down 9 W… https://t.co/2x4pzl404D12 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: If you're in #OntAg, that's us! https://t.co/h9nZjhqBBq6 days ago
- Winner of Thompsons #WelcometoBrevant Twitter contest https://t.co/u1PbzSAeVb16 days ago
- RT @ChrisRobson11: Come on out to @KentBridgeBrnch for a burger today courtesy of Thompsons and @BrevantSeedsCA See if you can beat @VanDeV…16 days ago
- Grain Marketing for December 5, 2018December 6, 2018 - 2:54 pm
- Turning girls into farmersDecember 6, 2018 - 2:45 pm
- Safety: Climbing ladders safelyNovember 30, 2018 - 3:28 pm
- Safety: Common electrical hazardsNovember 29, 2018 - 2:19 pm
- Grain Marketing News for November 28November 28, 2018 - 3:00 pm
- Safety: Slips, trips and falls – winter safety tipsNovember 26, 2018 - 5:41 pm
- Winner of Thompsons #WelcometoBrevant Twitter contestNovember 23, 2018 - 1:15 pm