Photo and recipe compliments of Ontario Bean Growers
Note: Dry Beans are an unprocessed product. Although we carefully clean all beans,
stones and natural debris may be present. Please sort and rinse beans prior to cooking.
Bean, Rice, and Corn Salad
An excellent source of Folate. A good source of Vitamin A, C, Thiamin and Iron.
- 3 cups (750 ml) cooked White Pea Beans
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked brown rice
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen corn, cooked
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- small jalapeno, minced (optional)
- chopped cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup (50 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin
In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Set aside. To make the vinaigrette, combine the lime juice, vegetable oil, chili powder and cumin in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well. Toss salad with dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with additional cilantro and cherry tomatoes if desired.
Energy 216 kcal, Sodium 19 mg, Carbohydrates 32 g, Protein 8 g, Total Dietary Fibre 7 g