In Ontario’s Northumberland County, young farmers make up the majority on many commodity and farm boards. Here’s how we do it
There’s nothing like an unexpected dinner invitation to get the attention of a person who is normally responsible for daily meal preparation. The invitation arrived by text, and it didn’t take long to figure out whether to accept. Accept first, I said. Ask questions later.
When I did ask the question, I was right to think there might be a reason. “Be ready to explain why our executive is so young,” was basically how the next text read in response. Read more
If you missed the Globe and Mail insert in Saturday’s paper, you can view a copy online.
The Real Dirt on Farming booklet is designed to connect you with the food you eat, and introduce you to some of Canada’s farm families. This booklet provides basic facts on topics such as the difference between growing crops conventionally and organically, pesticide use, animal housing and animal welfare, environmental sustainability, technology used in farming as well as many other subjects that you have indicated are important to you. The goal of this book is to help you make informed decisions about the food you’re serving your family.
Speaking of dirt, get the dirt on field crops.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CH8 @ 3.52 up 1 CK8 @ 3.60 up 1 SH8 @ 9.77 up 4 SK8 @ 9.88 up 4 WH8 @ 4.22 down 2 WK8 @ 4.35 down 2 CDN$ .8006yesterday
- Closing Quotes CH8 @ 3.51 down 1 CK8 @ 3.59 down 1 SH8 @ 9.73 up 4 SK8 @ 9.84 up 4 WH8 @ 4.25 up 3 WK8 @ 4.38 up 3 CDN$ .80552 days ago
- Closing Quotes CH8 @ 3.53 up 4 CK8 @ 3.61 up 4 SH8 @ 9.68 up 3/4 SK8 @ 1/2 WH8 @ 4.21 up 5 WK8 @ 4.34 up 4 CDN$ .0.80663 days ago
- RT @BetterFarmingON: Pick up the latest edition of the magazine to learn about profitability mapping and how it can aid in crop input decis…3 days ago
- RT @KentBridgeBrnch: Here is a good read on the effect dicamba drift has on soybeans that are not tolerant to the chemical: https://t.co/2t…10 days ago
- RT @Katie14Hudson: Great night celebrating the 2017 @PontypoolBranch @DowSeedsCA Soybean Yield Challenge. Thanks to #archibaldswinery @car…36 days ago
- Safety Insights – Winter Safety TipsDecember 21, 2017 - 3:37 pm
- A star amongst usDecember 8, 2017 - 3:39 pm
- Advance Trading – Grain Marketing Video CommentaryDecember 5, 2017 - 6:12 pm
- A long career with ThompsonsDecember 5, 2017 - 12:14 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for November 1, 2017November 2, 2017 - 4:30 pm
- Thompsons Organic Tour 2017 HighlightsNovember 1, 2017 - 8:52 am
- 2017 Grain Corn Ear Mould and Vomitoxin (DON) SurveyOctober 30, 2017 - 8:58 am