Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CK8 @ 3.82 down 1 CN8 @ 3.91 down 3/4 SK8 @ 10.37 down 4 SN8 @ 10.49 down 4 WK8 @ 4.76 up 1… https://t.co/PtA6zxOd0v22 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CK8 @ 3.83 up 2 CN8 @ 3.91 up 2 SK8 @ 10.41 down 4 SN8 @ 10.53 down 4 WK8 @ 4.75 up 9… https://t.co/86GUuudahkyesterday
- Closing Quotes CK8 @ 3.80 down 2 CN8 @ 3.89 down 1 SK8 @ 10.46 up 4 SN8 @ 10.57 up 4 WK8 @ 4.66 up 4 W… https://t.co/RZbhUcNYMr2 days ago
- RT @DressageAmanda1: @MitchellBranch @ThompsonsGrain @ThompsonOrganic @ThompsonsAg @FarmKid92 @SharonVogels #JerseyDay #humboldtstrong http…7 days ago
- RT @ThompsonsGrain: Thompsons Head Office wore their jerseys today in honor of #HumboldtStrong #JerseysforHumboldt https://t.co/2LJmLJgBO87 days ago
- Benefits of starter fertilizer - https://t.co/Z7xLTfp1sX8 days ago
- Do you understand the different forms of micronutrients?April 18, 2018 - 1:14 pm
- Phosphorus – what is the tie-up?April 16, 2018 - 9:42 am
- Benefits of starter fertilizersApril 11, 2018 - 2:30 pm
- Nitrogen on winter wheatApril 11, 2018 - 2:10 pm
- Assessing winter survival in wheatApril 11, 2018 - 1:51 pm
- Grain marketing video commentary April 10, 2018April 11, 2018 - 1:38 pm
- Canada IP program for non-GM soybeans world’s bestApril 6, 2018 - 3:27 pm