Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CH8 @ 3.52 down 1/2 CK8 @ 3.60 down 1/4 SH8 @ 9.84 up 7 SK8 @ 9.95 up 7 WH8 @ 4.25 up… https://t.co/L89CzrTIZ6yesterday
- Closing Quotes CH8 @ 3.52 up 1 CK8 @ 3.60 up 1 SH8 @ 9.77 up 4 SK8 @ 9.88 up 4 WH8 @ 4.22 down 2 WK8 @ 4.35 down 2 CDN$ .80064 days ago
- Closing Quotes CH8 @ 3.51 down 1 CK8 @ 3.59 down 1 SH8 @ 9.73 up 4 SK8 @ 9.84 up 4 WH8 @ 4.25 up 3 WK8 @ 4.38 up 3 CDN$ .80555 days ago
- RT @BetterFarmingON: Pick up the latest edition of the magazine to learn about profitability mapping and how it can aid in crop input decis…5 days ago
- RT @KentBridgeBrnch: Here is a good read on the effect dicamba drift has on soybeans that are not tolerant to the chemical: https://t.co/2t…12 days ago
- RT @Katie14Hudson: Great night celebrating the 2017 @PontypoolBranch @DowSeedsCA Soybean Yield Challenge. Thanks to #archibaldswinery @car…39 days ago
- Safety Insights – Winter Safety TipsDecember 21, 2017 - 3:37 pm
- A star amongst usDecember 8, 2017 - 3:39 pm
- Advance Trading – Grain Marketing Video CommentaryDecember 5, 2017 - 6:12 pm
- A long career with ThompsonsDecember 5, 2017 - 12:14 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for November 1, 2017November 2, 2017 - 4:30 pm
- Thompsons Organic Tour 2017 HighlightsNovember 1, 2017 - 8:52 am
- 2017 Grain Corn Ear Mould and Vomitoxin (DON) SurveyOctober 30, 2017 - 8:58 am