Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Remember to add a photo and your local participating Thompsons branch handle in orderly qualify @PortAlbertBrnch… https://t.co/LL0jOYTy346 days ago
- Closing Quotes CZ8 @ 3.78 up 4 CH9 @ 3.90 up 4 SX8 @ 8.91 up 24 SF9 @ 9.05 up 24 WZ8 @ 5.25 up 7 WH9 @ 5.43 up 6 CDN$ .77108 days ago
- RT @ThompsonsCareer: Now accepting applications for College and University Summer Student positions at various locations! Apply to your l…8 days ago
- RT @MitchellBranch: Spending some time in the office this week while its raining? Take a look through your soil tests and see which fields…22 days ago
- The importance of pH and lime - https://t.co/KvMEAgVnxy https://t.co/g5EMwigqgq25 days ago
- RT @pcjejohnston: Come check out Thompsons at the International Plowing Match in Paincourt. We are the corner of Chatham-Kent Avenue and Se…36 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for October 17, 2018October 17, 2018 - 12:44 pm
- Safe loading of pickup trucksOctober 15, 2018 - 2:29 pm
- Thanksgiving Safety TipsOctober 5, 2018 - 5:04 pm
- Corn Earworm presence higher than expected – Check your fieldsOctober 5, 2018 - 9:36 am
- Safety: Compressed Gas Cylinder StorageOctober 4, 2018 - 1:30 pm
- Grain Marketing video commentary – October 3October 3, 2018 - 4:22 pm
- OMAFRA Field Crop Report: 2018 Seasonal Insect Pest SummarySeptember 28, 2018 - 9:35 am