Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- RT @igpc2007: Meet Jennifer, Brian and Brent of @igpc2007 at @OntPorkCongress today and tomorrow in Strathford. Check out our new booth dis…8 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CN8 @ 3.56 down 5 CU8 @ 3.65 down 5 SN8 @ 9.08 up 3 SQ8 @ 9.14 up 2 WN8@ 4.90 down 9 WU8… https://t.co/5Gf7c5kvyj2 days ago
- RT @igpc2007: Meet IGPC Feed's Team: Brent Cavell, Feed Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jennifer Scully, Logistics Coordinator (Jscully…7 days ago
- RT @SharonVogels: Checking out the work microbiology are doing in-furrow. #Ecotea @MitchellBranch @ThompsonsAg https://t.co/jl37DkrbDJ2 days ago
- RT @OntarioSoilCrop: Do you farm within the Lake Erie and Lake St. Clair watersheds? Apply now for #LEADS project cost-share funding. #CdnA…9 days ago
- RT @iironmaiden: #localfood strawberries are on at Pardos berry farm west of Blenheim #Ontario. Bought my flat this morning #OntAg. https:/…11 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary June 20, 2018June 20, 2018 - 3:41 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – June 13, 2018June 13, 2018 - 3:38 pm
- Bean Leaf Beetles Showing up in Essex and Chatham KentJune 7, 2018 - 3:51 pm
- Fusarium head blightJune 7, 2018 - 3:05 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary June 5, 2018June 5, 2018 - 5:02 pm
- Lots at stake for U.S. agriculture amid Mexican, Canadian trade threatsJune 1, 2018 - 11:51 am
- Life cycle of weedsJune 1, 2018 - 9:05 am