BLENHEIM, Ontario, March 30, 2015
Thompsons Limited announces today it has acquired Rannoch Grains Inc., of Rannoch, Ontario, near St. Marys.
“This opportunity expands the reach for our Grain Marketing, Agronomy Solutions and Food Products business into a strategic geographic location that will help us better serve our customers,” said Dawn Betancourt, President of Thompsons Limited.
Thompsons–Rannoch will be serviced through the Thompsons–Granton facility and offer producers comprehensive grain risk management tools, fertilizer, crop protection products, custom application services, seed and advanced agronomy solutions.
Starting today, grain producers are able to contract grain for delivery after June 30th by calling Thompsons–Granton facility at 519-225-2360 or toll free at 1-800-928-9969. The purchase of Rannoch Grain Inc. by Thompsons Limited is expected to close June 30, 2015.
Additional investment in Thompsons–Mitchell facility
Thompsons is dedicated to expanding and revolutionizing our business through commitment to service excellence. In addition to the Rannoch purchase, the company is announcing today, Thompsons is also investing in infrastructure at Thompsons–Mitchell/Schoonderwoerd facility which will allow for increased efficiencies in unload times, drying and grain handling.
About Thompsons Limited
Thompsons is an agribusiness and food origination company rooted in agriculture. Founded in Blenheim, Ontario, in 1924, the company conducts business across Ontario and exports grain, organic and specialty crops worldwide to over 34 countries.
SOURCE Thompsons Limited
Dawn Betancourt, President, Thompsons Limited, 519-676-5411, extension 20405 or e-mail email@example.com.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Remember to add a photo and your local participating Thompsons branch handle in orderly qualify @PortAlbertBrnch… https://t.co/LL0jOYTy34yesterday
- Closing Quotes CZ8 @ 3.78 up 4 CH9 @ 3.90 up 4 SX8 @ 8.91 up 24 SF9 @ 9.05 up 24 WZ8 @ 5.25 up 7 WH9 @ 5.43 up 6 CDN$ .77103 days ago
- RT @ThompsonsCareer: Now accepting applications for College and University Summer Student positions at various locations! Apply to your l…3 days ago
- RT @MitchellBranch: Spending some time in the office this week while its raining? Take a look through your soil tests and see which fields…17 days ago
- The importance of pH and lime - https://t.co/KvMEAgVnxy https://t.co/g5EMwigqgq20 days ago
- RT @pcjejohnston: Come check out Thompsons at the International Plowing Match in Paincourt. We are the corner of Chatham-Kent Avenue and Se…31 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for October 17, 2018October 17, 2018 - 12:44 pm
- Safe loading of pickup trucksOctober 15, 2018 - 2:29 pm
- Thanksgiving Safety TipsOctober 5, 2018 - 5:04 pm
- Corn Earworm presence higher than expected – Check your fieldsOctober 5, 2018 - 9:36 am
- Safety: Compressed Gas Cylinder StorageOctober 4, 2018 - 1:30 pm
- Grain Marketing video commentary – October 3October 3, 2018 - 4:22 pm
- OMAFRA Field Crop Report: 2018 Seasonal Insect Pest SummarySeptember 28, 2018 - 9:35 am