Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
BLENHEIM, Ontario, March 30, 2015
Thompsons Limited announces today it has acquired Rannoch Grains Inc., of Rannoch, Ontario, near St. Marys.
“This opportunity expands the reach for our Grain Marketing, Agronomy Solutions and Food Products business into a strategic geographic location that will help us better serve our customers,” said Dawn Betancourt, President of Thompsons Limited.
Thompsons–Rannoch will be serviced through the Thompsons–Granton facility and offer producers comprehensive grain risk management tools, fertilizer, crop protection products, custom application services, seed and advanced agronomy solutions.
Starting today, grain producers are able to contract grain for delivery after June 30th by calling Thompsons–Granton facility at 519-225-2360 or toll free at 1-800-928-9969. The purchase of Rannoch Grain Inc. by Thompsons Limited is expected to close June 30, 2015.
Additional investment in Thompsons–Mitchell facility
Thompsons is dedicated to expanding and revolutionizing our business through commitment to service excellence. In addition to the Rannoch purchase, the company is announcing today, Thompsons is also investing in infrastructure at Thompsons–Mitchell/Schoonderwoerd facility which will allow for increased efficiencies in unload times, drying and grain handling.
About Thompsons Limited
Thompsons is an agribusiness and food origination company rooted in agriculture. Founded in Blenheim, Ontario, in 1924, the company conducts business across Ontario and exports grain, organic and specialty crops worldwide to over 34 countries.
SOURCE Thompsons Limited
Dawn Betancourt, President, Thompsons Limited, 519-676-5411, extension 20405 or e-mail email@example.com.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CU8 @ 3.41 down 4 CZ8 @ 3.54 down 4 SQ8 @ 8.18 down 15 SU8 @ 8.24 down 14 WU8 @ 4.97 up 12… https://t.co/3GlxlnCH673 days ago
- RT @SWOAG4Life: 1st western bean cutworm egg mass found in Rodney Ontario. Corn was planted early May. 5 days away from tassel emergence ht…4 days ago
- RT @Cornbroker21: Crop Progress and Condition Ratings as of 7-8-2018 https://t.co/asSmBEuGIe7 days ago
- It's Western Bean Cutworm trap season! Watch the counts in your area on our weekly maps. https://t.co/Jtyt0R0Gap https://t.co/PnWbnSM1KI3 days ago
- RT @SWOAG4Life: Looking for plot cooperators. Is anybody with 30' row soybeans willing to do some sidedress Nitrogen trials? @ThompsonsAg @…5 days ago
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for Tuesday, July 3, 2018. Comments on weather, corn and soybeans. https://t.co/UZGCI0FzhB13 days ago
- Grain Marketing video commentary for corn, soybeans and weatherJuly 13, 2018 - 8:45 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary Tuesday, July 3, 2018July 3, 2018 - 3:43 pm
- Watch for Armyworm in spring cereals and mixed foragesJune 29, 2018 - 4:24 pm
- Lifting and rigging safetyJune 28, 2018 - 4:59 pm
- Hensall Rain Garden at Thompsons LimitedJune 27, 2018 - 11:28 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary – June 26, 2018June 27, 2018 - 8:11 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary June 20, 2018June 20, 2018 - 3:41 pm