Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
BLENHEIM, Ontario, March 30, 2015
Thompsons Limited announces today it has acquired Rannoch Grains Inc., of Rannoch, Ontario, near St. Marys.
“This opportunity expands the reach for our Grain Marketing, Agronomy Solutions and Food Products business into a strategic geographic location that will help us better serve our customers,” said Dawn Betancourt, President of Thompsons Limited.
Thompsons–Rannoch will be serviced through the Thompsons–Granton facility and offer producers comprehensive grain risk management tools, fertilizer, crop protection products, custom application services, seed and advanced agronomy solutions.
Starting today, grain producers are able to contract grain for delivery after June 30th by calling Thompsons–Granton facility at 519-225-2360 or toll free at 1-800-928-9969. The purchase of Rannoch Grain Inc. by Thompsons Limited is expected to close June 30, 2015.
Additional investment in Thompsons–Mitchell facility
Thompsons is dedicated to expanding and revolutionizing our business through commitment to service excellence. In addition to the Rannoch purchase, the company is announcing today, Thompsons is also investing in infrastructure at Thompsons–Mitchell/Schoonderwoerd facility which will allow for increased efficiencies in unload times, drying and grain handling.
About Thompsons Limited
Thompsons is an agribusiness and food origination company rooted in agriculture. Founded in Blenheim, Ontario, in 1924, the company conducts business across Ontario and exports grain, organic and specialty crops worldwide to over 34 countries.
SOURCE Thompsons Limited
Dawn Betancourt, President, Thompsons Limited, 519-676-5411, extension 20405 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CZ8 @ 3.51 up 1 CH9 @ 3.63 up 1 SX8 @ 8.30 down 2 SF9 @ 8.44 down 2 WZ8 @ 5.11 up 14 WH9… https://t.co/sArRR2OPDg4 days ago
- RT @kannbwx: Here's what USDA's 845 million bushel U.S. #soybean carryout looks like compared with the previous 22 years. The highest forec…4 days ago
- Be sure to come see us at the #IPM2018 next week! https://t.co/C1wHBWaAzT4 days ago
- RT @pcjejohnston: Come check out Thompsons at the International Plowing Match in Paincourt. We are the corner of Chatham-Kent Avenue and Se…yesterday
- RT @MitchellBranch: Looking for #wheat seed for this fall? Check out the new @BrevantSeedsCA B654SRW and B743SRW winter wheat varieties! Pl…26 days ago
- High performing winter wheat varieties from Brevant - https://t.co/mcd75cgbLW Get them at your local @ThompsonsAg b… https://t.co/e7JwuzmeYW26 days ago
- Eye injury and preventionAugust 24, 2018 - 2:15 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for August 23, 2018August 24, 2018 - 8:08 am
- Mitchell Plot Tour – September 5th and 6thAugust 23, 2018 - 4:43 pm
- Grain Marketing weather update: August 16, 2018August 16, 2018 - 9:14 am
- Preparing silos and bins for harvestAugust 14, 2018 - 3:35 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for July 31, 2018August 1, 2018 - 10:27 am
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for July 24, 2018July 25, 2018 - 9:35 am