Potassium (K) levels have been declining in Ontario fields. Many fields that have been sampled have noticed a drop in their soil sample potassium levels from a few years ago. Simply said, growers are not applying enough fertilizer. In some cases fertilization is less than what the crop will remove causing a decrease in soil nutrient reserves. Potassium is one of the three nutrients needed in large quantities by plants. This essential nutrient could be a limiting factor in your crop yields if your soil is not maintained at adequate levels.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CH8 @ 3.52 up 1 CK8 @ 3.60 up 1 SH8 @ 9.77 up 4 SK8 @ 9.88 up 4 WH8 @ 4.22 down 2 WK8 @ 4.35 down 2 CDN$ .8006yesterday
- Closing Quotes CH8 @ 3.51 down 1 CK8 @ 3.59 down 1 SH8 @ 9.73 up 4 SK8 @ 9.84 up 4 WH8 @ 4.25 up 3 WK8 @ 4.38 up 3 CDN$ .80552 days ago
- Closing Quotes CH8 @ 3.53 up 4 CK8 @ 3.61 up 4 SH8 @ 9.68 up 3/4 SK8 @ 1/2 WH8 @ 4.21 up 5 WK8 @ 4.34 up 4 CDN$ .0.80663 days ago
- RT @BetterFarmingON: Pick up the latest edition of the magazine to learn about profitability mapping and how it can aid in crop input decis…3 days ago
- RT @KentBridgeBrnch: Here is a good read on the effect dicamba drift has on soybeans that are not tolerant to the chemical: https://t.co/2t…10 days ago
- RT @Katie14Hudson: Great night celebrating the 2017 @PontypoolBranch @DowSeedsCA Soybean Yield Challenge. Thanks to #archibaldswinery @car…36 days ago
- Safety Insights – Winter Safety TipsDecember 21, 2017 - 3:37 pm
- A star amongst usDecember 8, 2017 - 3:39 pm
- Advance Trading – Grain Marketing Video CommentaryDecember 5, 2017 - 6:12 pm
- A long career with ThompsonsDecember 5, 2017 - 12:14 pm
- Grain Marketing Video Commentary for November 1, 2017November 2, 2017 - 4:30 pm
- Thompsons Organic Tour 2017 HighlightsNovember 1, 2017 - 8:52 am
- 2017 Grain Corn Ear Mould and Vomitoxin (DON) SurveyOctober 30, 2017 - 8:58 am