Fire can be compared to a triangle. Three sides are necessary to make a triangle and three ingredients are necessary to cause a fire. These are heat, air, and fuel. If any one of these three sides is missing, there can be no fire.
Heat, the first side of the fire triangle, can come from many sources. It can be generated by sparks from welding operations, discarded cigarette butts, electrical shorts, frayed wiring, friction from power tools, and hot exhaust pipes.
Fuel, the second side of the fire triangle, may be liquid, such as gasoline or solvents; a solid, such as paper or wood scraps; or a gas, such as propane.
Air, the third side of the fire triangle, contains oxygen which is necessary to sustain a fire. Heat, fuel, and air must be in the proper proportion for fire to occur. Read more
First to pass rigorous 37 standards set by the program.
The voluntary program certifies nutrient service providers in the Western Lake Erie Basin and across Ontario that apply or make recommendations on fertilizers in accordance with 4R Nutrient Stewardship principles – which refers to using the Right Source of nutrients at the Right Rate, at the Right Time and in the Right Place.
When a rubber tire becomes overheated, a chemical reaction in the rubber called pyrolysis can occur. Pyrolysis causes the rubber to deteriorate. At a certain point, this deterioration can create a very rapid pressure increase inside the tire that can lead to a sudden and unexpected tire explosion. Read more
On Tuesday, March 5, 2019, Thompsons Limited successfully passed Fertilizer Canada’s 4R retailer certification audit, and doing so, the Company becomes the first retail site in Canada to achieve this status.
The company thanks the hard work from all staff at Thompsons Kent Bridge branch, and Colin Elgie, Thompsons Agronomy Solutions Specialist who headed up the effort and for making this important commitment to the sustainability of farming and the environment, our customers and future generations.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CN9 @ 3.68 up 12 CU9 @ 3.77 up 11 SN9 @ 8.31 up 29 SQ9 @ 8.38 up 29 WN9 @ 4.48 up 11 WU9 @ 4.56 up 11 CDN$ .74346 days ago
- Midday Market Quotes CN9 up 12 CZ9 up 11 SN9 up 23 SX9 up 24 WN9 up 7 WZ9 up 7 CDN$ 0.74316 days ago
- RT @Cornbroker21: Crop Progress and Conditions as of May 12th 2019 (Maps to soon follow) #Corn #Soybeans #Wheat (Spring and Winter) #Mi…7 days ago
- RT @GBFarmersWeek: #farmersmentalhealth #mondaymorningcheckin How are you? How are the farmers in your lives? Farmers are the first to lend…7 days ago
- RT @FireHuron: As our area farmers get out on the land. #ShareTheRoad #BeAlert #thankafarmer #FarmersFeedFamilies #ontag #plant19 @HuronFed…7 days ago
- RT @StennettBryan: Another new tender for the @BlacksLane @ThompsonsAg South sales team. Keep them coming @ArmacreFarms #ontag #plant19 htt…13 days ago
- Safety: stairsMay 16, 2019 - 4:12 pm
- Grain marketing video for May 15, 2019May 16, 2019 - 3:28 pm
- Safety: Sharing the roadMay 13, 2019 - 10:41 am
- Grain Marketing videos for May 9, 2019May 9, 2019 - 4:11 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for May 1, 2019May 2, 2019 - 3:42 pm
- TrailblazingApril 29, 2019 - 12:53 pm
- Managing bare areas in winter wheat standsApril 26, 2019 - 10:05 am