How often do you walk around your vehicle before moving it?
At Thompsons, a circle check is mandatory before putting a vehicle into service, at the beginning of the day and any time before backing up if it has been parked and this is the first motion a driver is making. Read more
Recognize unsafe conditions and take action to eliminate and mitigate them.
It is possible to eliminate the majority of unsafe conditions in our workplaces and on our farms in order to prevent injuries on the job. It is necessary to recognize these kinds of conditions exist around you, and take action to eliminate or mitigate them. There is an endless list of possible unsafe conditions in any workplace. Two types of unsafe conditions that can be found in almost any workplace are slip, trip, and fall hazards and pinch point hazards.
- Slips, trips, and falls are responsible for many injuries on the job year after year. Many of these incidents are a direct result of an unsafe condition.
- Objects on the ground are a common example.
- Other unsafe conditions that lead to slips, trips, and falls injuries include slippery floors, unmarked changes in elevations in walking surfaces, cluttered work areas, unprotected edges, etc.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- RT @Cornbroker21: Crop Progress and Conditions Report as of 4-21-2019 #Corn #Soybeans #Wheat #Milo https://t.co/FXk3TD6sDG4 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CK9 @ 3.54 down 3 CN9 @ 3.63 down 3 SK9 @ 8.77 down 3 SN9 @ 8.90 down 3 WK9 @4.35 down 8 WN… https://t.co/zmoj9pCre86 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CK9 @ 3.58 up 1/4 CN9 @ 3.67 up 1/4 SK9 @ 8.80 up 1 SN9 @ 8.94 up 1 WK9 @ 4.44 down 2… https://t.co/m2cICPfrQ34 days ago
- RT @FertilizerCA: @FertilizerCA would like to congratulate @KentBridgeBrnch for being the first agriculture nutrient service providers to a…32 days ago
- RT @KentBridgeBrnch: Thompsons Kent Bridge is very proud to announce that we are the first 4R Nutrient Stewardship Certified retailer in Ca…32 days ago
- RT @planfarmsafety: It's all a part of building an #AgSafeCanada. https://t.co/lQzNNngPII59 days ago
- Grain marketing comments for April 16, 2019April 18, 2019 - 3:27 pm
- Grain marketing commentary for April 10, 2019April 12, 2019 - 10:54 am
- Safety: Circle checksApril 11, 2019 - 12:53 pm
- Safety: Unsafe conditionsApril 8, 2019 - 5:49 pm
- Grain marketing video update April 3, 2019April 4, 2019 - 9:36 am
- Grain marketing video comments for March 27, 2019March 28, 2019 - 8:41 am
- Thompsons LimitedSafety: The fire triangleMarch 25, 2019 - 12:55 pm