Video Commentary from Advance Trading, Market Research Analyst, Brian Basting providing market insight on Corn and Soybeans for August 21, 2019.
A message to our valued customers,
We are reaching out to inform you that The Andersons, Inc., the owner of Thompsons Limited, has signed an agreement to sell Thompsons’ agronomy business to Sylvite. Thompsons and Sylvite have been working together now for over 35 years and this collaboration is a great opportunity to have a larger retail network to benefit you, our customer. The Andersons will maintain ownership of Thompsons’ grain storage and food processing facilities and Sylvite will maintain and operate the farm inputs side at these locations.
We believe this new relationship is beneficial to all our stakeholders, especially our customers. Our two companies share the same values and a strong commitment to serving Ontario farmers. We look forward to working together at our shared locations to provide the best possible service to our customers. Sylvite will focus on growing in agronomy products and services. Thompsons/The Andersons will enhance its focus and commitment on the grain and food products businesses.
The final details of this agreement are still being finalized by Sylvite and The Andersons. The sale is expected to close in early to mid-September. Between now and then, we will keep you updated with our progress to better serve you our customer. Our goal is to make this a seamless transition and maintain our normal business operations.
Thank you for the great working relationship we have shared over the years. We plan on continuing our successful partnership with you our valued customer. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your account representative.
President, Assets and Originations, Trade Group
The Andersons, Inc.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CU9 @ 3.63 up 3/4 CZ9 @ 3.71 up 3/4 SU9 @ 8.56 down 4 SX9 @ 8.68 down 4 WU9 @ 4.67 up 4… https://t.co/fCOt4LflrD5 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CU9 @ 3.62 up 3 CZ9 @ 3.70 up 1 SU9 @ 8.60 up 4 SX9 @ 8.73 up 4 WU9 @ 4.62 up 2 WZ9 @ 4.68 up 1 CDN$ .7526yesterday
- RT @Stocktwits: A tutorial on how to cut losses /// h/t @crypto_blkbeard https://t.co/ZPmdlsPnOL2 days ago
- RT @farmtario: Tips to reduce your fire risk when in the field. https://t.co/GeUWtw0c9o #ontag https://t.co/zXEHfi4VNB13 days ago
- RT @farmtario: Our most-read story overnight: Ontario grain and bean handler Thompsons Ltd. to sell its crop agronomy business to retail bu…14 days ago
- RT @farmtario: How to reduce your fire risk when in the field. #ontag https://t.co/iCoCgq3Ibe https://t.co/OFNmigowrx14 days ago
- Grain marketing video comments for August 21, 2019August 21, 2019 - 4:01 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for August 13, 2019August 16, 2019 - 11:51 am
- Grain marketing commentary for August 12, 2019August 13, 2019 - 2:45 pm
- Sylvite purchases Thompsons’ agronomy business from The Andersons Inc.August 7, 2019 - 1:09 pm
- Safety: Be aware of your surroundingsJuly 18, 2019 - 10:41 am
- Market Minute with ATI’s Mark TalaskiJuly 9, 2019 - 8:37 am
- Safety: pressure washer safetyJuly 4, 2019 - 4:14 pm