Falling commodity prices mean growers are concerned with their profit per acre. Input costs have remained high and have not adjusted to where farmers believe they should be. Until prices change, strategic adjustments will have to be made to stay profitable during lower commodity pricing years. Thompsons has identified 5 ways to help you reduce production costs without sacrificing yield.
About Agronomy Team
The Advanced Agronomy Solutions Team is committed to the implementation of our agronomy services by partnering with our customers to create a high level of opportunity, profitability and trust.
Our innovative approach to data collection and management enables Thompsons to provide individualized and customized recommendations that create higher, long term profitability. Paired with our advanced service options and equipment, our recommendations will surpass the needs of the grower and will create higher value.
Through ongoing research and innovation, our combined experience, and the pursuit of higher agronomic knowledge, Thompsons will continue to be regarded as a trusted leader in the industry.
Entries by Agronomy Team
Greg Stewart, OMAFRA Corn Specialist; Albert Tenuta, OMAFRA Field Crop Pathologist The OMAFRA Field Crops team has completed the survey of the 2014 Ontario corn crop to determine ear mould incidence and the occurrence of mycotoxins in the grain. These mycotoxins, particularly vomitoxin (DON) produced primarily by Gibberella/Fusarium ear moulds, are grading factors and can […]
Potassium (K) levels have been declining in Ontario fields. Many fields that have been sampled have noticed a drop in their soil sample potassium levels from a few years ago. Simply said, growers are not applying enough fertilizer. In some cases fertilization is less than what the crop will remove causing a decrease in soil […]
The evolution of soil sampling. pic.twitter.com/6hBU5rKs8j — Thompsons Agronomy (@ThompsonsAg) October 2, 2014
During years when soybeans are harvested later than expected or environmental conditions delay field work, winter wheat is generally skipped in the rotation or planting is rushed. When planting winter wheat later than the recommended planting dates, even more care should be taken to ensure yield potential is not lost. Planting date In general, delaying […]
Can I capture an early market premium? It’s that time of year again when growers look at their corn crop and go through the exercise of deciding when to harvest. They also wonder if they will be able to harvest a bit early to capture an early market premium for their corn. With the overall later planted crop and cool summer temperatures, […]
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CK9 @ 3.73 up 3 CN9 @ 3.81 up 2 SK9 @ 9.09 up 10 SN9 @ 9.23 up 10 WK9 @ 4.62 up 9 WN9 @ 4.68 up 8 CDN$ .74962 days ago
- Closing Quotes CK9 @ 3.65 up 4 CN9 @ 3.75 up 4 SK9 @ 8.97 up 7 SN9 @ 9.11 up 7 WK9 @ 4.53 up 24 WN9 @ 4.60 up 24 CDN$ .74885 days ago
- RT @Cornbroker21: Weekly Change In Commodity Values https://t.co/y1x7IHRve99 days ago
- RT @planfarmsafety: It's all a part of building an #AgSafeCanada. https://t.co/lQzNNngPII24 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: This article on "Building the Microbial Bridge" is an excellent summary of the #organic approach to soil and crop fert…31 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: If you're in #OntAg, that's us! https://t.co/h9nZjhqBBq104 days ago
- Safety: tire explosionsMarch 8, 2019 - 12:23 pm
- Grain marketing video March 6, 2019March 6, 2019 - 11:49 am
- Thompsons first 4R Certified Retailer in CanadaMarch 5, 2019 - 4:00 pm
- Thompsons Limited/ShutterstockSafety: loose cargo inside and outside of a motor vehicleFebruary 26, 2019 - 12:01 pm
- Grain marketing video for February 20, 2019February 21, 2019 - 11:01 am
- Why is the water in McGregor Creek so brown?February 13, 2019 - 5:09 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for February 13, 2019February 13, 2019 - 2:38 pm