Grain marketing video commentary from Bryan Basting, Market Research Analyst for ATI speaks to the corn and soybean market.
Women farmers reveal how they have succeeded in agriculture, and how other women can too
By Brenda Schoepp, Country Guide
Country Guide asked for more on how we define a culture that is inclusive, equal and conducive for a successful female heir or independent business person from within a family unit.
In this first part of a three-part series, I went across Canada and asked trailblazers — highly successful women in farming, agriculture and agri-business — about their journeys starting from the time they were girls.
They pursued their dreams despite having very diverse back stories. Still, we need to recognize that the on-farm cultures they grew up in were extraordinarily different, and those differences helped determine the pathways they chose to get to where they are today. Read more
By Joanna Folings, Cereal Specialist
How should one deal with large bare spots in a wheat field that is otherwise in good condition? Unfortunately, there isn’t a one size fits all solution because the size and number of bare spots in fields greatly varies. Here are some options and considerations for filling in those bare spots.
Leave the bare spots alone
While doing nothing with the bare spots may seem like the easiest option, it may create headaches later on. The biggest implication is weeds. If you decide to leave the bare spots alone, at minimum you should consider a herbicide application to those areas to keep weeds under control. Glyphosate resistant Canada fleabane can produce up to one million seeds per plant, so even one Read more
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CN9 @ 3.68 up 12 CU9 @ 3.77 up 11 SN9 @ 8.31 up 29 SQ9 @ 8.38 up 29 WN9 @ 4.48 up 11 WU9 @ 4.56 up 11 CDN$ .74346 days ago
- Midday Market Quotes CN9 up 12 CZ9 up 11 SN9 up 23 SX9 up 24 WN9 up 7 WZ9 up 7 CDN$ 0.74316 days ago
- RT @Cornbroker21: Crop Progress and Conditions as of May 12th 2019 (Maps to soon follow) #Corn #Soybeans #Wheat (Spring and Winter) #Mi…7 days ago
- RT @GBFarmersWeek: #farmersmentalhealth #mondaymorningcheckin How are you? How are the farmers in your lives? Farmers are the first to lend…7 days ago
- RT @FireHuron: As our area farmers get out on the land. #ShareTheRoad #BeAlert #thankafarmer #FarmersFeedFamilies #ontag #plant19 @HuronFed…7 days ago
- RT @StennettBryan: Another new tender for the @BlacksLane @ThompsonsAg South sales team. Keep them coming @ArmacreFarms #ontag #plant19 htt…13 days ago
- Safety: stairsMay 16, 2019 - 4:12 pm
- Grain marketing video for May 15, 2019May 16, 2019 - 3:28 pm
- Safety: Sharing the roadMay 13, 2019 - 10:41 am
- Grain Marketing videos for May 9, 2019May 9, 2019 - 4:11 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for May 1, 2019May 2, 2019 - 3:42 pm
- TrailblazingApril 29, 2019 - 12:53 pm
- Managing bare areas in winter wheat standsApril 26, 2019 - 10:05 am