Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CH9 @ 3.74 -- CK9 @ 3.82 down 1/4 SH9 @ 9.07 up 4 SK9 @ 9.21 up 4 WH9 @ 5.04… https://t.co/DrMTwxQalR6 days ago
- Closing Quotes CH9 @ 3.74 down 4 CK9 @ 3.83 down 3 SH9 @ 9.03 down 13 SK9 @ 9.17 down 13 WH9 @ 5.07 down… https://t.co/D8Yg69muN47 days ago
- Closing Quotes CH9 @ 3.78 up 1/2 CK9 @ 3.86 up 1/2 SH9 @ 9.16 down 1 SK9 @ 9.30 down 1 WH9 @ 5.22 up 2 W… https://t.co/wMADD2MqCe8 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: This article on "Building the Microbial Bridge" is an excellent summary of the #organic approach to soil and crop fert…7 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: If you're in #OntAg, that's us! https://t.co/h9nZjhqBBq80 days ago
- Winner of Thompsons #WelcometoBrevant Twitter contest https://t.co/u1PbzSAeVb90 days ago
- Grain marketing video for February 20, 2019February 21, 2019 - 11:01 am
- Why is the water in McGregor Creek so brown?February 13, 2019 - 5:09 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for February 13, 2019February 13, 2019 - 2:38 pm
- Grain marketing video for February 6, 2019February 6, 2019 - 4:13 pm
- Grain marketing video for January 30, 2019January 31, 2019 - 10:15 am
- Grain marketing video January 24, 2019January 29, 2019 - 2:06 pm
- Safety: Emergency breathing situationsJanuary 29, 2019 - 1:52 pm