Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CK9 @ 3.71 down 1/4 CN9 @ 3.80 --- SK9 @ 9.04 down 1 SN9 @ 9.17 down 1 WK9 @ 4.56 down… https://t.co/6QfewBZ6Q76 days ago
- RT @JoshBoersen: We've just learned about how #DON will be handled next year through @Agricorp Hoping this will help #ontag #corn growers m…7 days ago
- Closing Quotes CK9 @ 3.71 down 1 CN9 @ 3.80 down 1 SK9 @ 9.05 down 3 SN9 @ 9.19 down 3 WK9 @ 4.56 down 5… https://t.co/MDu9NpqN0C7 days ago
- RT @FertilizerCA: @FertilizerCA would like to congratulate @KentBridgeBrnch for being the first agriculture nutrient service providers to a…4 days ago
- RT @KentBridgeBrnch: Thompsons Kent Bridge is very proud to announce that we are the first 4R Nutrient Stewardship Certified retailer in Ca…4 days ago
- RT @planfarmsafety: It's all a part of building an #AgSafeCanada. https://t.co/lQzNNngPII31 days ago
- Thompsons LimitedSafety: The fire triangleMarch 25, 2019 - 12:55 pm
- Thompsons is first agri-retailer to earn 4R Nutrient Stewardship Certification in OntarioMarch 21, 2019 - 4:04 pm
- Safety: tire explosionsMarch 8, 2019 - 12:23 pm
- Grain marketing video March 6, 2019March 6, 2019 - 11:49 am
- Thompsons first 4R Certified Retailer in CanadaMarch 5, 2019 - 4:00 pm
- Thompsons Limited/ShutterstockSafety: loose cargo inside and outside of a motor vehicleFebruary 26, 2019 - 12:01 pm
- Grain marketing video for February 20, 2019February 21, 2019 - 11:01 am