Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CN9 @ 4.04 up 14 CU9 @ 4.12 up 14 SN9 @ 8.29 up 8 SQ9 @ 8.36 up 8 WN9 @ 4.89 up 19 WU9 @ 4.96 up 18 CDN$ .7445yesterday
- RT @Cornbroker21: July19 Old Crop #Corn Broke through $4.00 Resistance to a High Thus Far of $4.03 Previous Contract High $4.45 Dec19 New C…yesterday
- Closing Quotes CN9 @ 3.68 up 12 CU9 @ 3.77 up 11 SN9 @ 8.31 up 29 SQ9 @ 8.38 up 29 WN9 @ 4.48 up 11 WU9 @ 4.56 up 11 CDN$ .743411 days ago
- RT @PortAlbertBrnch: It’s a beautiful day @PortAlbertBrnch today, and we’re taking full advantage of it - fleabane is growing! Get out in…3 days ago
- RT @KentBridgeBrnch: First @BrevantSeedsCA corn plot of the season planted today thanks to @EdwardC43039377. It will be interesting to see…4 days ago
- RT @GBFarmersWeek: #farmersmentalhealth #mondaymorningcheckin How are you? How are the farmers in your lives? Farmers are the first to lend…12 days ago
- Grain marketing video comments for May 22, 2019May 24, 2019 - 1:37 pm
- Safety: stairsMay 16, 2019 - 4:12 pm
- Grain marketing video for May 15, 2019May 16, 2019 - 3:28 pm
- Safety: Sharing the roadMay 13, 2019 - 10:41 am
- Grain Marketing videos for May 9, 2019May 9, 2019 - 4:11 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for May 1, 2019May 2, 2019 - 3:42 pm
- TrailblazingApril 29, 2019 - 12:53 pm