Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- RT @DressageAmanda1: Organic Grader Meetings Coming Up at North and South branches. Place your Spring seed order at one of the three meetin…4 days ago
- RT @Cornbroker21: Crop Progress and Conditions Report as of 10-10-2019 #Corn Harvest at 66% vs. 85% the average. #Soybean Harvest at 85% v…5 days ago
- RT @Cornbroker21: FLASH: #USDA WASDE REPORT RESULTS: 11-8-2019 #Corn #Soybeans #Wheat #Sorghum #Cotton Corn Yield Down 1.4 BPA to 167, Soy…9 days ago
- Thompsons–Pain Court location Friday, September 27, 2019. Drop-off for Unwanted Pesticides and Livestock/Equine Med… https://t.co/ew13gfFo3062 days ago
- RT @DressageAmanda1: Transitional @ThompsonOrganic soybeans looking fantastic! B138CO. @ThompsonsAg @BrevantSeedsCA https://t.co/e1886OtDwr69 days ago
- RT @DressageAmanda1: Reminder of @NorwichBranch @ThompsonOrganic Producer Soybean Grader Overview Wed. Sept 11th. 10AM-11AM. Please RSVP…70 days ago
- Driving safety: an accident is likely to occur 23 more times with cell phone useSeptember 9, 2019 - 9:37 am
- CleanFarmsThompsons Pain Court hosts CleanFarms September 27, 2019August 27, 2019 - 12:00 pm
- Sylvite purchases Thompsons’ agronomy business from The Andersons Inc.August 7, 2019 - 1:09 pm
- Safety: Be aware of your surroundingsJuly 18, 2019 - 10:41 am
- Safety: pressure washer safetyJuly 4, 2019 - 4:14 pm
- Cover crop options for unseeded fieldsJuly 3, 2019 - 10:30 am
- Local rice? Experimental farm showcases crop in Chatham-KentJuly 2, 2019 - 4:11 pm