Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CU9 @ 4.35 down 5 CZ9 @ 4.41 down 5 SQ9 @ 8.87 down 14 SX9 @ 9.06 down 14 WU9 @ 5.07 do… https://t.co/3HsR1zMEoCyesterday
- RT @Cornbroker21: Crop Progress and Conditions #Corn only Up 1% Good/Excellent and still only at 58% G/E #Soybeans only Up 1% Good/Excellen…2 days ago
- RT @Cornbroker21: State by State Crop Progress and Conditions Maps as of 7-14-2019 #Soybeans Conditions, Emerged, and Blooming. https://t.…2 days ago
- RT @CKEcDev: "Canada can help to feed the people of the world, and today will be important for making that happen" @SenatorVictorOh "Today…15 days ago
- RT @UofGalumni: Fun fact, Massey Hall was actually the library until 1968, and the money donated to build it was actually the first private…22 days ago
- RT @StennettBryan: Well that’s a first for me. Scouting #rice19 with @PainCourtBranch #plant19. This is one field that’s been liking all th…40 days ago
- Market Minute with ATI’s Mark TalaskiJuly 9, 2019 - 8:37 am
- Safety: pressure washer safetyJuly 4, 2019 - 4:14 pm
- Grain marketing comments for July 3, 2019July 3, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- Cover crop options for unseeded fieldsJuly 3, 2019 - 10:30 am
- Local rice? Experimental farm showcases crop in Chatham-KentJuly 2, 2019 - 4:11 pm
- Trailblazing (part 2) – the curious leader – women farmersJune 21, 2019 - 2:45 pm
- Safety: never too busy for safetyJune 21, 2019 - 11:38 am