BLENHEIM, Ontario, March 30, 2015
Thompsons Limited announces today it has acquired Rannoch Grains Inc., of Rannoch, Ontario, near St. Marys.
“This opportunity expands the reach for our Grain Marketing, Agronomy Solutions and Food Products business into a strategic geographic location that will help us better serve our customers,” said Dawn Betancourt, President of Thompsons Limited.
Thompsons–Rannoch will be serviced through the Thompsons–Granton facility and offer producers comprehensive grain risk management tools, fertilizer, crop protection products, custom application services, seed and advanced agronomy solutions.
Starting today, grain producers are able to contract grain for delivery after June 30th by calling Thompsons–Granton facility at 519-225-2360 or toll free at 1-800-928-9969. The purchase of Rannoch Grain Inc. by Thompsons Limited is expected to close June 30, 2015.
Additional investment in Thompsons–Mitchell facility
Thompsons is dedicated to expanding and revolutionizing our business through commitment to service excellence. In addition to the Rannoch purchase, the company is announcing today, Thompsons is also investing in infrastructure at Thompsons–Mitchell/Schoonderwoerd facility which will allow for increased efficiencies in unload times, drying and grain handling.
About Thompsons Limited
Thompsons is an agribusiness and food origination company rooted in agriculture. Founded in Blenheim, Ontario, in 1924, the company conducts business across Ontario and exports grain, organic and specialty crops worldwide to over 34 countries.
SOURCE Thompsons Limited
Dawn Betancourt, President, Thompsons Limited, 519-676-5411, extension 20405 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CU9 @ 4.35 down 5 CZ9 @ 4.41 down 5 SQ9 @ 8.87 down 14 SX9 @ 9.06 down 14 WU9 @ 5.07 do… https://t.co/3HsR1zMEoCyesterday
- RT @Cornbroker21: Crop Progress and Conditions #Corn only Up 1% Good/Excellent and still only at 58% G/E #Soybeans only Up 1% Good/Excellen…2 days ago
- RT @Cornbroker21: State by State Crop Progress and Conditions Maps as of 7-14-2019 #Soybeans Conditions, Emerged, and Blooming. https://t.…2 days ago
- RT @CKEcDev: "Canada can help to feed the people of the world, and today will be important for making that happen" @SenatorVictorOh "Today…15 days ago
- RT @UofGalumni: Fun fact, Massey Hall was actually the library until 1968, and the money donated to build it was actually the first private…22 days ago
- RT @StennettBryan: Well that’s a first for me. Scouting #rice19 with @PainCourtBranch #plant19. This is one field that’s been liking all th…40 days ago
- Market Minute with ATI’s Mark TalaskiJuly 9, 2019 - 8:37 am
- Safety: pressure washer safetyJuly 4, 2019 - 4:14 pm
- Grain marketing comments for July 3, 2019July 3, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- Cover crop options for unseeded fieldsJuly 3, 2019 - 10:30 am
- Local rice? Experimental farm showcases crop in Chatham-KentJuly 2, 2019 - 4:11 pm
- Trailblazing (part 2) – the curious leader – women farmersJune 21, 2019 - 2:45 pm
- Safety: never too busy for safetyJune 21, 2019 - 11:38 am