BLENHEIM, Ontario, March 30, 2015
Thompsons Limited announces today it has acquired Rannoch Grains Inc., of Rannoch, Ontario, near St. Marys.
“This opportunity expands the reach for our Grain Marketing, Agronomy Solutions and Food Products business into a strategic geographic location that will help us better serve our customers,” said Dawn Betancourt, President of Thompsons Limited.
Thompsons–Rannoch will be serviced through the Thompsons–Granton facility and offer producers comprehensive grain risk management tools, fertilizer, crop protection products, custom application services, seed and advanced agronomy solutions.
Starting today, grain producers are able to contract grain for delivery after June 30th by calling Thompsons–Granton facility at 519-225-2360 or toll free at 1-800-928-9969. The purchase of Rannoch Grain Inc. by Thompsons Limited is expected to close June 30, 2015.
Additional investment in Thompsons–Mitchell facility
Thompsons is dedicated to expanding and revolutionizing our business through commitment to service excellence. In addition to the Rannoch purchase, the company is announcing today, Thompsons is also investing in infrastructure at Thompsons–Mitchell/Schoonderwoerd facility which will allow for increased efficiencies in unload times, drying and grain handling.
About Thompsons Limited
Thompsons is an agribusiness and food origination company rooted in agriculture. Founded in Blenheim, Ontario, in 1924, the company conducts business across Ontario and exports grain, organic and specialty crops worldwide to over 34 countries.
SOURCE Thompsons Limited
Dawn Betancourt, President, Thompsons Limited, 519-676-5411, extension 20405 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CN9 @ 4.04 up 14 CU9 @ 4.12 up 14 SN9 @ 8.29 up 8 SQ9 @ 8.36 up 8 WN9 @ 4.89 up 19 WU9 @ 4.96 up 18 CDN$ .7445yesterday
- RT @Cornbroker21: July19 Old Crop #Corn Broke through $4.00 Resistance to a High Thus Far of $4.03 Previous Contract High $4.45 Dec19 New C…yesterday
- Closing Quotes CN9 @ 3.68 up 12 CU9 @ 3.77 up 11 SN9 @ 8.31 up 29 SQ9 @ 8.38 up 29 WN9 @ 4.48 up 11 WU9 @ 4.56 up 11 CDN$ .743411 days ago
- RT @PortAlbertBrnch: It’s a beautiful day @PortAlbertBrnch today, and we’re taking full advantage of it - fleabane is growing! Get out in…3 days ago
- RT @KentBridgeBrnch: First @BrevantSeedsCA corn plot of the season planted today thanks to @EdwardC43039377. It will be interesting to see…4 days ago
- RT @GBFarmersWeek: #farmersmentalhealth #mondaymorningcheckin How are you? How are the farmers in your lives? Farmers are the first to lend…12 days ago
- Grain marketing video comments for May 22, 2019May 24, 2019 - 1:37 pm
- Safety: stairsMay 16, 2019 - 4:12 pm
- Grain marketing video for May 15, 2019May 16, 2019 - 3:28 pm
- Safety: Sharing the roadMay 13, 2019 - 10:41 am
- Grain Marketing videos for May 9, 2019May 9, 2019 - 4:11 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for May 1, 2019May 2, 2019 - 3:42 pm
- TrailblazingApril 29, 2019 - 12:53 pm