Looking ahead to the coming months, Environment Canada meteorologists expect there will be more heat and humidity than normal.
“We’ve already had a taste this month of temperatures getting close to the 30-degree mark and humidity making it feel more like the mid 30s. That looks like the shape of things to come for June and July,” said Geoff Coulson, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada.
Last year the usual summer heat wave to hit southern Ontario was missing in action with a lack of flow of warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico, Coulson said.
This season southern Ontario has already tapped into that flow from the Gulf a couple of times with Humidex readings in many parts of Southwestern Ontario reaching the mid 30s.
BLENHEIM, Ontario, March 30, 2015
Thompsons Limited announces today it has acquired Rannoch Grains Inc., of Rannoch, Ontario, near St. Marys.
“This opportunity expands the reach for our Grain Marketing, Agronomy Solutions and Food Products business into a strategic geographic location that will help us better serve our customers,” said Dawn Betancourt, President of Thompsons Limited.
Thompsons–Rannoch will be serviced through the Thompsons–Granton facility and offer producers comprehensive grain risk management tools, fertilizer, crop protection products, custom application services, seed and advanced agronomy solutions.
Starting today, grain producers are able to contract grain for delivery after June 30th by calling Thompsons–Granton facility at 519-225-2360 or toll free at 1-800-928-9969. The purchase of Rannoch Grain Inc. by Thompsons Limited is expected to close June 30, 2015.
Additional investment in Thompsons–Mitchell facility
Thompsons is dedicated to expanding and revolutionizing our business through commitment to service excellence. In addition to the Rannoch purchase, the company is announcing today, Thompsons is also investing in infrastructure at Thompsons–Mitchell/Schoonderwoerd facility which will allow for increased efficiencies in unload times, drying and grain handling.
About Thompsons Limited
Thompsons is an agribusiness and food origination company rooted in agriculture. Founded in Blenheim, Ontario, in 1924, the company conducts business across Ontario and exports grain, organic and specialty crops worldwide to over 34 countries.
SOURCE Thompsons Limited
Dawn Betancourt, President, Thompsons Limited, 519-676-5411, extension 20405 or e-mail email@example.com.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CN9 @ 3.68 up 12 CU9 @ 3.77 up 11 SN9 @ 8.31 up 29 SQ9 @ 8.38 up 29 WN9 @ 4.48 up 11 WU9 @ 4.56 up 11 CDN$ .74346 days ago
- Midday Market Quotes CN9 up 12 CZ9 up 11 SN9 up 23 SX9 up 24 WN9 up 7 WZ9 up 7 CDN$ 0.74316 days ago
- RT @Cornbroker21: Crop Progress and Conditions as of May 12th 2019 (Maps to soon follow) #Corn #Soybeans #Wheat (Spring and Winter) #Mi…7 days ago
- RT @GBFarmersWeek: #farmersmentalhealth #mondaymorningcheckin How are you? How are the farmers in your lives? Farmers are the first to lend…7 days ago
- RT @FireHuron: As our area farmers get out on the land. #ShareTheRoad #BeAlert #thankafarmer #FarmersFeedFamilies #ontag #plant19 @HuronFed…7 days ago
- RT @StennettBryan: Another new tender for the @BlacksLane @ThompsonsAg South sales team. Keep them coming @ArmacreFarms #ontag #plant19 htt…13 days ago
- Safety: stairsMay 16, 2019 - 4:12 pm
- Grain marketing video for May 15, 2019May 16, 2019 - 3:28 pm
- Safety: Sharing the roadMay 13, 2019 - 10:41 am
- Grain Marketing videos for May 9, 2019May 9, 2019 - 4:11 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for May 1, 2019May 2, 2019 - 3:42 pm
- TrailblazingApril 29, 2019 - 12:53 pm
- Managing bare areas in winter wheat standsApril 26, 2019 - 10:05 am