Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
During years when soybeans are harvested later than expected or environmental conditions delay field work, winter wheat is generally skipped in the rotation or planting is rushed. When planting winter wheat later than the recommended planting dates, even more care should be taken to ensure yield potential is not lost.
In general, delaying planting past the recommended planting window can cost a producer from 0.6 to 1.1 bu/day. It is best to strive to plant around these dates (See figure 1).
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CU9 @ 3.63 up 3/4 CZ9 @ 3.71 up 3/4 SU9 @ 8.56 down 4 SX9 @ 8.68 down 4 WU9 @ 4.67 up 4… https://t.co/fCOt4LflrD3 days ago
- Closing Quotes CU9 @ 3.62 up 3 CZ9 @ 3.70 up 1 SU9 @ 8.60 up 4 SX9 @ 8.73 up 4 WU9 @ 4.62 up 2 WZ9 @ 4.68 up 1 CDN$ .75264 days ago
- RT @Stocktwits: A tutorial on how to cut losses /// h/t @crypto_blkbeard https://t.co/ZPmdlsPnOL5 days ago
- RT @farmtario: Tips to reduce your fire risk when in the field. https://t.co/GeUWtw0c9o #ontag https://t.co/zXEHfi4VNB16 days ago
- RT @farmtario: Our most-read story overnight: Ontario grain and bean handler Thompsons Ltd. to sell its crop agronomy business to retail bu…17 days ago
- RT @farmtario: How to reduce your fire risk when in the field. #ontag https://t.co/iCoCgq3Ibe https://t.co/OFNmigowrx17 days ago
- Grain marketing video comments for August 21, 2019August 21, 2019 - 4:01 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for August 13, 2019August 16, 2019 - 11:51 am
- Grain marketing commentary for August 12, 2019August 13, 2019 - 2:45 pm
- Sylvite purchases Thompsons’ agronomy business from The Andersons Inc.August 7, 2019 - 1:09 pm
- Safety: Be aware of your surroundingsJuly 18, 2019 - 10:41 am
- Market Minute with ATI’s Mark TalaskiJuly 9, 2019 - 8:37 am
- Safety: pressure washer safetyJuly 4, 2019 - 4:14 pm