Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
During years when soybeans are harvested later than expected or environmental conditions delay field work, winter wheat is generally skipped in the rotation or planting is rushed. When planting winter wheat later than the recommended planting dates, even more care should be taken to ensure yield potential is not lost.
In general, delaying planting past the recommended planting window can cost a producer from 0.6 to 1.1 bu/day. It is best to strive to plant around these dates (See figure 1).
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CN9 @ 4.43 down 4 CU9 @ 4.49 down 3 SN9 @ 8.94 down 9 SQ9 @ 8.99 down 9 WN9 @ 5.43 up 8 WU9 @ 5.46 up 6 CDN$ .76332 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CN9 @ 4.47 up 3/4 CU9 @ 4.53 up 1 SN9 @ 9.03 down 5 SQ9 @ 9.08 down 6 WN9 @ 5.35 down 2 WU… https://t.co/umKPfwqWRwyesterday
- Closing Quotes CN9 @ 4.47 up 4 CU9 @ 4.52 up 4 SN9 @ 9.09 up 6 SQ9 @ 9.14 up 5 WN9 @ 5.38 up 12 WU9 @ 5.42 up 12 CDN$ .75992 days ago
- RT @UofGalumni: Fun fact, Massey Hall was actually the library until 1968, and the money donated to build it was actually the first private…yesterday
- RT @StennettBryan: Well that’s a first for me. Scouting #rice19 with @PainCourtBranch #plant19. This is one field that’s been liking all th…19 days ago
- RT @MitchellBranch: Lots of crop going in the ground over the next few days! Thanks also to @pschoonacres for planting and to our cooperato…19 days ago
- Trailblazing (part 2) – the curious leader – women farmersJune 21, 2019 - 2:45 pm
- Safety: never too busy for safetyJune 21, 2019 - 11:38 am
- Grain marketing comments for June 19, 2019June 19, 2019 - 11:45 am
- Grain marketing video comments for June 12, 2019June 14, 2019 - 12:06 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for June 5, 2019June 5, 2019 - 3:56 pm
- Keeping compaction at bay in 2019June 4, 2019 - 10:36 am
- Grain Marketing video for May 29, 2019May 31, 2019 - 11:20 am