Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
During years when soybeans are harvested later than expected or environmental conditions delay field work, winter wheat is generally skipped in the rotation or planting is rushed. When planting winter wheat later than the recommended planting dates, even more care should be taken to ensure yield potential is not lost.
In general, delaying planting past the recommended planting window can cost a producer from 0.6 to 1.1 bu/day. It is best to strive to plant around these dates (See figure 1).
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Closing Quotes CH9 @ 3.78 up 2 CK9 @ 3.86 up 2 SF9 @ 8.99 up 3 SH9 @ 9.10 up 3 WH9 @ 5.19 up 5 WK9 @ 5.25 up 5 CDN$ .75506 days ago
- Closing Quotes CH9 @ 3.82 up 2 CK9 @ 3.90 up 2 SF9 @ 9.11 up 5 SH9 @ 9.24 up 5 WH9 @ 5.20 up 2 WK9 @ 5.26 up 2 CDN$ .75798 days ago
- Closing Quotes CH9 @ 3.80 down 2 CK9 @ 3.88 down 2 SF9 @ 9.06 down 6 SH9 @ 9.18 down 5 WH9 @ 5.17 up 1 W… https://t.co/r656pLX8SU9 days ago
- RT @ThompsonOrganic: If you're in #OntAg, that's us! https://t.co/h9nZjhqBBq45 days ago
- Winner of Thompsons #WelcometoBrevant Twitter contest https://t.co/u1PbzSAeVb55 days ago
- RT @ChrisRobson11: Come on out to @KentBridgeBrnch for a burger today courtesy of Thompsons and @BrevantSeedsCA See if you can beat @VanDeV…55 days ago
- Safety: Dangerous wind-chill and frostbiteJanuary 17, 2019 - 6:13 pm
- Safety: Importance of having a spotterJanuary 17, 2019 - 5:58 pm
- Grain marketing commentsJanuary 17, 2019 - 5:16 pm
- Safety: Heart attack, stroke, and cardiac arrest warning signsDecember 19, 2018 - 6:25 pm
- Grain Marketing Commentary for December 19, 2018December 19, 2018 - 11:37 am
- Safety: Hypothermia – Recognition & PreventionDecember 14, 2018 - 12:38 pm
- Grain Marketing for December 5, 2018December 6, 2018 - 2:54 pm