Video Commentary from Advance Trading, Market Research Analyst, Brian Basting providing market insight on Corn and Soybeans for August 21, 2019.
But new competitors are trying to break into the market so Canada must stay vigilant
Canada has the best identity preserved program for non-GM (genetically modified) soybeans in the world.
That’s what Neoh Soon Bin, managing director of Soon Soon Group, a Malaysian flour and oilseed-processing company, told the Canadian Global Crops Symposium here March 27.
The quality of Canadian non-GM soybeans, used mainly in human food products such as soy milk and tofu, ranks among the best in the world, Soon Bin said.
“Canadian (soy)beans perform very well,” he said.
But it’s Canada’s certification system ensuring soybeans are non-GM that really stands out. Read more
Now that your crops are in the bin, it’s important to learn how to keep them conditioned and stored properly.
Throughout the winter months it’s important to monitor your soybean temperature, and to aerate your bins.
If you haven’t sold any beans then coring out your bin can be an option to remove some fines, and help stir the grain a bit.
It is important to make sure that soybeans are stored at a 14% moisture or lower. Don’t assume that because your beans went into the bin really dry, you don’t have to aerate. Those low moisture beans are still hot and need to have the field heat removed. Read more
By Blair Andrews, QMI Agency
The next few years will be leaner when it comes to grain prices, a market analyst for an international feed and grain company warned Thursday at the Chatham-Kent Farm Show.
Bruce Trotter based his sobering outlook on a few factors, including lower growth expectations for China and the ethanol industry.
Trotter, who works in Blenheim as the managing director for the Canadian branch of Dutch-based Cefetra, said the era from 2006 to 2011 was a time of rising land prices and better crop margins driven by bio-fuel mandates and very high growth in China.
But the mandated growth in ethanol and bio-diesel is over, and he described the most recent years as an “ethanol hangover.” Read more
Potassium (K) levels have been declining in Ontario fields. Many fields that have been sampled have noticed a drop in their soil sample potassium levels from a few years ago. Simply said, growers are not applying enough fertilizer. In some cases fertilization is less than what the crop will remove causing a decrease in soil nutrient reserves. Potassium is one of the three nutrients needed in large quantities by plants. This essential nutrient could be a limiting factor in your crop yields if your soil is not maintained at adequate levels.
To be leaders in the food and agribusiness sector through sustainability, integrity, relationships, employee engagement, profitability and innovation.
- Taco Time! https://t.co/tshmXd6lRL18 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CZ9 @ 3.87 sdown 3 CH0 @ 3.99 down 3 SX9 @ 9.33 down 3/4 SF0 @ 9.46 down 3/4 WZ9 @ 5.23 down… https://t.co/kZwsF36Of019 hours ago
- Closing Quotes CZ9 @ 3.97 up 17 CH0 @ 4.07 up 16 SX9 @ 9.36 up 12 SF0 @ 9.50 up 13 WZ9 @ 5.08 up 15 WH0 @ 5.14 up 14 CDN$ .757510 days ago
- Thompsons–Pain Court location Friday, September 27, 2019. Drop-off for Unwanted Pesticides and Livestock/Equine Med… https://t.co/ew13gfFo3035 days ago
- RT @DressageAmanda1: Transitional @ThompsonOrganic soybeans looking fantastic! B138CO. @ThompsonsAg @BrevantSeedsCA https://t.co/e1886OtDwr42 days ago
- RT @DressageAmanda1: Reminder of @NorwichBranch @ThompsonOrganic Producer Soybean Grader Overview Wed. Sept 11th. 10AM-11AM. Please RSVP…43 days ago
- Driving safety: an accident is likely to occur 23 more times with cell phone useSeptember 9, 2019 - 9:37 am
- CleanFarmsThompsons Pain Court hosts CleanFarms September 27, 2019August 27, 2019 - 12:00 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for August 21, 2019August 21, 2019 - 4:01 pm
- Grain marketing video comments for August 13, 2019August 16, 2019 - 11:51 am
- Grain marketing commentary for August 12, 2019August 13, 2019 - 2:45 pm
- Sylvite purchases Thompsons’ agronomy business from The Andersons Inc.August 7, 2019 - 1:09 pm
- Safety: Be aware of your surroundingsJuly 18, 2019 - 10:41 am